Bringing large vessels into port is an important and complex process that requires the ship’s captain, tug skippers and port operators to precisely coordinate their efforts – working as a cohesive unit.
Situational awareness is mission critical here. Port operators need high range and accuracy of navigational measurements, clear visibility and access to relevant information in real time.
SafeTug® from Trelleborg provides all this and more to create a more effective pilotage experience. It increases operational visibility for all parties to make port approach, berthing and departure easier, safer and more efficient. SafeTug® is built upon the same strong foundation as SafePilot® and together with our other products they shape a Smart Port solution.
· Assist vessels into harbour with realtime tracking and prediction.
· Fast overview of how your activities effects the assisted vessel.
· Assist any vessel, even AIS only vessels.
· Supports safe, warning and danger zones for offshore STS operations.
· Supports speed zones around STS target vessel.
· Intelligent Multilayer Chart Handling - Designed with a dedicated
kernel with intelligent chart handling allowing multiple
layers such as depths, buoys, symbols, etc.
· Day/Dusk/Night Screen - Option to shift to dusk or night screen with muting of all
· Follow vessels - Ensures that the assisted vessel and your tug boat always are within the screen.
· Replay and Recording - Replay function of previous operations.
The basic version is for internal GPS usage only.
For external GPS or AIS device support the Pro Navigation module is required. Please see our web page for possibilities.
Only Trelleborg's own range of external GPS receivers is supported in the SafeTug Pro version. Support for AD Navigation's GPS hardware is possible with the AD Navigation module.
What's new in SafeTug 19.2
# NOTE: This update will trigger a re-import of all charts!
• Support for bathymetric Inland ENC (bIENC)
• Improved CAT MAX support
• Optimized chart memory usage
• Other improvements and bug fixes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.