Pure instant messaging — simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. One of the world's top 10 most downloaded apps with over 500 million active users.
FAST: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe.
SYNCED: You can access your messages from all your phones, tablets and computers at once. Telegram apps are standalone, so you don’t need to keep your phone connected. Start typing on one device and finish the message from another. Never lose your data again.
UNLIMITED: You can send media and files, without any limits on their type and size. Your entire chat history will require no disk space on your device, and will be securely stored in the Telegram cloud for as long as you need it.
SECURE: We made it our mission to provide the best security combined with ease of use. Everything on Telegram, including chats, groups, media, etc. is encrypted using a combination of 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secure key exchange.
100% FREE & OPEN: Telegram has a fully documented and free API for developers, open source apps and verifiable builds to prove the app you download is built from the exact same source code that is published.
POWERFUL: You can create group chats with up to 200,000 members, share large videos, documents of any type (.DOCX, .MP3, .ZIP, etc.) up to 2 GB each, and even set up bots for specific tasks. Telegram is the perfect tool for hosting online communities and coordinating teamwork.
RELIABLE: Built to deliver your messages using as little data as possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It works even on the weakest mobile connections.
FUN: Telegram has powerful photo and video editing tools, animated stickers and emoji, fully customizable themes to change the appearance of your app, and an open sticker/GIF platform to cater to all your expressive needs.
SIMPLE: While providing an unprecedented array of features, we take great care to keep the interface clean. Telegram is so simple you already know how to use it.
PRIVATE: We take your privacy seriously and will never give any third parties access to your data. You can delete any message you ever sent or received for both sides, at any time and without a trace. Telegram will never use your data to show you ads.
For those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. Secret Chat messages can be programmed to self-destruct automatically from both participating devices. This way you can send all types of disappearing content — messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use End-to-End Encryption to ensure that a message can only be read by its intended recipient.
We keep expanding the boundaries of what you can do with a messaging app. Don’t wait years for older messengers to catch up with Telegram — join the revolution today.
HYPER-SPEED SCROLLING AND CALENDAR VIEW FOR SHARED MEDIA, JOIN REQUESTS, GLOBAL CHAT THEMES AND MORE
Hyper-Speed Scrolling and Calendar View for Shared Media
• Quickly scroll through Shared Media by dragging the new date bar.
• Pinch to zoom in and out for more or fewer photos in each row.
• View Shared Media as a calendar by tapping (⋯).
• Filter media by photos only, videos only, or both from the (⋯) menu.
• To see Shared Media, simply tap the header at the top of your screen in any chat and scroll down.
Join Requests for Groups and Channels
• Create special invite links that require admins to approve users before they become members.
• Admins can view the applicants’ profiles and bios by tapping the Join Requests bar at the top of the chat.
• Add internal labels to your chat's Invite Links to keep them organized.
Global Chat Themes
• Apply one of 8 new preset themes to your entire app – each theme has a Day and Night mode, colorful animated backgrounds and gradient message bubbles.
• Personalize these themes and find custom theme options in Appearance Settings > Chat Themes.
Transit Time for Shared Locations
• Tap a user's shared Location or Live Location to see how long it will take you to reach them by foot, car or public transport.
• Tap on the travel time to open the location in another app.
Instant Media Captions
• Attach media while typing a message, and the draft text will instantly become the media caption.
More Interactive Emoji
• Send one :joy:, :money_with_wings:, :face_vomiting:, :thumbs_down:, :ghost: or :jack_o_lantern: emoji to any private chat, then tap on the animated emoji to launch a fullscreen effect.
• If your chat partner also has the chat open, you will both see the effects and feel the vibrations simultaneously.
• This also works with :fireworks:, :party_popper:, :balloon:, :pile_of_poo:, :thumbs_up: and :heart:.
Ratings and Reviews
Telegram, please protect our telephone numbers!
It’s an excellent apps except for the default setting to share our telephone numbers when we save someone’s contact. Yes we can turn it off first where most users are not aware like myself as this option is right at the end.
I highlighted the default setting to share our telephone numbers and the volunteer replied as such, “ since you decided to add someone, to your contact, it's natural to share your contact number. that's why it's on by default. you can off it if you do not wish to share your contact number.”
This is not natural at all and Telegram does not protect the privacy of the users by setting it as default. Look at LINE, that apps does not reveal the user telephone numbers when we add LINE users as friends.
Appreciate if the developer of this apps can turn off this default setting to further protect the users’ privacy. Many Telegram users only share their usernames only and they are not aware of this default settings. Most users do not want to share their telephone numbers naturally when we save their usernames especially with contacts from a group chat?
The purpose of creating usernames are to value and respect each other privacy.
Telegram is supposed to live up to your motto, “Telegram stands for freedom and privacy!”
I hope my review will enhance the privacy of the users soon. Thank you very much Telegram for this excellent apps!
Have been using telegram all the while, everything seems to be smooth and all. However if the bugs can be fixed asap it would be even better.
1: notification was alerted few minutes after i have read the messages and replied.
2: there is a lagging on sending out messages to friends
3: telegram app is missing from CarPlay. It’s a little inconvenient as i have been using telegram more than whatsapp but whenever i was driving and i have notifications from telegram, i will need to check through my phone manually which is very dangerous.
Please do some enhancements!! Thank youuu
Notifications keep backdating
The issue that has has been persisting since yesterday afternoon. I would finish an initial conversation with my girlfriend. Her replies would slowly trickle back and give me notifications that she has just sent them. Labelling as just received in the notification center. I am so confused as I thought it was an internet issue but it is also happening on my girlfriend’s end. This has never happened before and I wish to highlight this through this review of the app. Hope this helps anyone out there with the same issues as I am.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Telegram FZ-LLC
- 196.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Telegram FZ-LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.