Experience the best of The Straits Times award-winning content with the latest changes to ST app. The app is free to download, and all users can read non-Premium stories in their entirety.
Here are some other features of the ST app you might like:
- Create your own homepage so you can read what matters to you first
- Subscribe to get full access to Premium content, such as exclusives, features and analyses from our best writers and veteran journalists
- Receive push alerts on topics of your choice
- Listen to news
- Save articles to read later
- Preload The Straits Times ePaper on Wi-Fi to read offline (only applicable to All-Digital, All-Digital + Print subscribers and subscriptions via iTunes)
Your subscription options:
• 7-day subscription for SGD 7.98
• 1-month subscription for SGD 29.98
• Readers can choose to subscribe for 7 days or for 1 month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms of Service: https://www.sph.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/app-for-ios/
Get this latest update for various tweaks that improve your reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Mediocre App (at best)
In the years that I have been using the various iterations of this app, it is now by far as stable as it has ever been. Without a doubt, online ads are still as irritating as ever...
But the ONE thing that I would require the publisher do is to KEEP UP WITH THE SCREEN FORMATTING! Another pet peeve is the ton of wasted (screen) real estate when reading PDF format. I understand it is the newspaper formatting, but the menus could easily be an overlay instead of a window within the screen.
Take heed from your loyal subscribers... or port your content to a better app provider.
Advertisements despite paying subscription
I have a paid subscription but the app constantly places brightly coloured advertisements on every page of news. I have to click on the tiny ‘x’ icon to make it less distracting. I find it very irritating as I use the app to read actual news. I don’t want to be bombarded by advertisement very time I go to a new article. It makes the experience of reading on the app frustrating and makes me question if I should continue using Straits times to get the daily news. There are other internet sources for news that are not at obtrusive in advertisements.
Please change and go back to reporting the news rather than selling advertisements at the bottom of each page.
Utterly Horrible User Interface
I've been a user of this app for years and for Pete's sake, SPH, PLEASE listen to your users and read all comments.
My pet peeve - this app suffers from inconsistent zooming behavior in the PDF format:
1. Why do you need to implement 2-stage zoom? Can't you just let users decide which default zoom level will occur with a double tap?
2. When zoomed in, and the navigation panel is on, why does the app automatically zoom out when a SINGLE tap on the PDF is made? It even zooms out when I try panning around (no tap). Why???
PLEASE change your app developer. They are not doing a good job at all, and with dead tree newspapers consistently dropping in circulation, you're not going to keep the next generation of readers engaged with such a mediocre user experience.
- Singapore Press Holdings
- 87.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Singapore Press Holdings
- In-App Purchases
- ST Renewable Subscription S$ 29.98
- ST weekly subscription S$ 7.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.