The official Times of India app brings you the latest English news reading experience on the go and keeps you informed on happenings from India and around the World. Download the TOI app on your iPad and get daily updates and news from across the globe - anywhere, anytime!
QUICK GLANCE AT FEATURES OF TOI APP FOR IPAD
• Morning and Evening Updates – Get updates every morning and evening and catch up on the latest news and happenings of the day with our smart updates feature.
• Latest and Trending News – Get the latest and trending news updates from India & around the world.
• Customize Notifications – You can not only choose to control the time and frequency of your notifications but also receive them based on your interests!
• Fonts – Choose a font size that best suits you and enhances your app experience
• Save Data – Download images only when you want to. Download them based on your preferred network settings (Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G)
• Share – Like a story? Share it with your friends and loved ones using Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Email & more!
The TOI app offers everything that an avid news reader is looking for – breaking news, latest headlines, trending news stories and in-depth coverage of sports, entertainment, business and technology. From India news to world news, political news to cricket News, technology news to Bollywood news and movie reviews of Bollywood, Hollywood and regional films – get the most relevant coverage of celebrity news.
Send your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Times of India website > http://www.timesofindia.com/
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
No doubt its a very nice app except few issues while scrolling. If i hold the screen for some time while scrolling it gets locked and opens the hovered item. App should allow to freely scroll the items without opening them. Hope this review will help to make the app better.
Terrible App and poor editorial content
This new app is terrible to navigate and often doesn’t even launch. Not sure if TOI did any UI testing before launching the app. With the poor quality of content and now a bad app it’s time to move on.
Quite disenchanted with the TOI app but I'm not surprised given the quality of the hard copy of the newspaper.
Almost always there are a few sections which do not load, the layout is text heavy and the articles hardly have images that are connected to the story.
Biggest flaw is that articles continue to exist even 2-3 weeks after the publication date. The cricket section and the world sport section are fantastically similar - the same stories are carried over.
The editing is as flawed as has been the case with TOI. Poorly written articles with focus only on grandeur and sensationalism of the news that are juxtaposed with poor grammar, spelling errors and sub standard editing.
The app is hardly updated to keep up with the current crop of news applications. Maybe they should open up to Flipboard or Zinio and let them do the heavy lifting. Clearly the developers are blind to aesthetics and do not seem keen on reviewing the layout.
Did I mention that the app crashes? This is the only consistent characteristic in an otherwise inconsistent and sometimes incompetent newspaper.
The news are almost the same for all newspapers, but how it is delivered makes a difference.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Times Internet Limited
- 70.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Copyright ©2016 Times Internet Limited. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.