Graphical Analysis™ is a tool for science students to collect, graph, and analyze data from Vernier sensors.
Sensor data-collection support:
• Vernier Go Direct® sensors - with Bluetooth® wireless technology
• Vernier Go Wireless® Heart Rate and Go Wireless Exercise Heart Rate monitors
• Vernier LabQuest® sensors used with a LabQuest Stream interface
Additional experiment options:
• Data Sharing via Wi-Fi connection to LabQuest 2 or Logger Pro® 3
• Manual Entry
Note: Sensor data collection and Data Sharing require the purchase of hardware from Vernier Software & Technology. Manual entry of data can be performed without a hardware purchase. For more information on Data Sharing, visit http://www.vernier.com/css
Key Features - Data Collection
• Multi-sensor data-collection support
• Time Based, Event Based, Drop Counting, and Photogate data-collection modes
• Configurable data-collection rate and duration for time-based data collection
• Optional triggering of time-based data collection based on sensor value
• Customizable unit display on supported sensors
• Sensor calibrations
• Option to zero and reverse sensor readings
• Graph match feature for use with motion detectors
• Manual entry of data from keyboard and clipboard
Key Features - Data Analysis
• Display one, two, or three graphs simultaneously
• View data in a table or show a graph and table side-by-side
• Draw Predictions on a graph to uncover misconceptions
• Examine, interpolate/extrapolate, and select data
• Use Tangent tool to show instantaneous rates of change of the data
• Find area under a curve using the Integral tool
• Apply Statistics calculations to find mean, min, max, and standard deviation
• Perform curve fits, including linear, quadratic, natural exponent, and more
• Add calculated columns based on existing data to linearize data or investigate related concepts
Key Features - Collaboration and Sharing
• Create text annotations and add graph titles
• Export graphs and data for printing and inclusion in lab reports
• Export data in .CSV format for analysis of data in spreadsheet software such as Excel, Google Sheets, and Numbers
• Adjust font sizes for easier viewing when presenting to your class
Vernier Software & Technology has over 35 years of experience in providing effective learning resources for understanding experimental data in science and math classrooms. Graphical Analysis 4 is a part of the extensive system of sensors, interfaces, and data-collection software from Vernier for science and STEM education.
• Dark Mode display follows OS settings and can be enabled in Presentation settings.
New Pro Features:
• FFT graphs of time-based data.
• Point Symbols are included in Internet Data Share.
• Columns in Event-based data no longer appear out of order.
• Internet data sharing clients no longer stop updating graph if host does curve fit.
• Columns viewed with local (non-internet) data sharing are no longer duplicated.
• PDF exports no longer crash on iOS13.
• Support for iOS 12 has been dropped. Version 5.7.1 will, however, remain available for iOS 12 devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vernier Software & Technology
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Vernier Software & Technology, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.