WatchChat is the first app that allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch. You only need to scan a QR code and then you are ready to roll!
With WatchChat, you can
- access all of your WhatsApp chats (and group chats)
- reply to chats via keyboard, quick replies, dictation and scribble
- use a variety of different keyboard layouts*
- view pictures (and zoom into them in native resolution)
- listen to voice messages
- customize quick replies and chat font size
- start a new chat right from the Watch
- archive chats
*The currently supported keyboard layouts are:
- FlickType (English)
- ABC (English, Deutsch, Español, Português, אבגדה, Ελληνικά, Suomi, русский)
- QWERTY (English, Español, Italiano)
- QWERTZ (Deutsch)
- AZERTY (Français)
Setting up the app for the first time only takes 4 simple steps:
- open the app on your Apple Watch
- open WhatsApp
- in WhatsApp, go to "Settings" > "WhatsApp Web/Desktop" > "Scan QR Code"
- scan the QR code that will appear on your Apple Watch after 10-30 seconds
- if a popup comes up, just try again, it will work out eventually :)
As this is a 3rd-party-app, I would really appreciate if you had suggestions for further development so I can take your ideas into consideration. If you encounter issues while using the app, don't hesitate to contact me, I am more than happy to help.
Please keep in mind that, as the app isn’t officially affiliated with WhatsApp, available features and functionality are subject to change. To keep up with everything, the app has been updated more than 50 times since its release in 2017 - I am always looking for ways to offer new features or improve the existing ones.
- clicking chats will mark them as "seen" again
- huge FlickType keyboard update
For feedback, bugs and language requests please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Need to pull message by launching app
Same comment as S. Chew. Messages doesn’t get pushed to watch. Thus you won’t get notified as well. You need to launch app on watch to pull messages. This is counter productive. But in cases IF you don’t have your phone, ie. Out running and wanna check WA messages halfway through the run, then this app is your only option. Otherwise you are better off receiving and replying from your phone instead.
Workable, but too slow and unresponsive
Watch is able to receive notification of incoming msg real time. However, it takes forever to load the messages. If you are away from your phone, it gets even slower. I end up reading msg from my phones instead. Simply too slow to be effective. Sometimes it doesn’t even refresh / update messages for hours. U need to open up the app in ur watch and wait... wait.. wait... but when u have nothing else that works, probably have to stick with this first.
At first was good
The first time I downloaded it was working perfectly fine. Every received messages was notified using this app, but when suddenly disconnected from my phone the next it was connected again never received any noti anymore. Manually need to open the app to see if someone send messages. Should have been 5 stars.
- Alexander Nowak
- 43.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Alexander Nowak Software e.K.
- S$ 4.48
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.