Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
- You can now quickly edit and send back media in your chats. Tap the doodle icon when viewing an image or video to get started.
- Voice messages can now be played directly from notifications by long pressing and tapping play.
- You can change font styles in the camera by tapping the “T” icon.
- Memoji can now be sent as stickers from the emoji keyboard on iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
I have updated IOS 11.2.2 two days ago and from then my messages are not sync properly.
I get notification or an alert that I have a received a message >> then I go folder I can see symbol on WhatsApp icon that I have received it >> then I select the app but inside no new message >> immediately I can see app got hung for few seconds then it will start sync the message after 10 seconds..
Here I have to wait for minimum 5 to 10 seconds.. if I didn’t see WhatsApp message for longer time then the hangs time bit more.
I have restarted twice the iphone but still I face the same problem. Please help to check and fix it ASAP.
Can't send image or gif to other
14/03 , around 3am i screenshot a picture and tried sending to my friend but cant , it didnt say why but just cannot send , and i though is the screen shot got problem so i send a picture from my gallery , still cant send , so i told my friend who is using iphone also to screenshot a picture and send me and i asked her try sending me a picture from her gallery and send gif , and it went through , she could send and i could also recieve the picture , so i tried to forward the picture she send me to my another friend , and the weird thing is can forward , can send ws text but i dont get it why i just couldnt send picture or gif , so basically i dont put profile picture at ws , so i tried putting a profile picture just now , its couldnt upload , and it says "Sorry, could not update your profile photo. Please try again later" , so for this 1hr30mins i couldnt send any picture from my gallery , i tried on off my phone , i even deleted the ws app and redownload , and on off my data and wifi , its still couldnt work ! please fix this asap ! because in my phone only ws couldnt send pic , other then ws , other chats app can . so please look into this , thankyou !
This is where Whatsapp messed up
I’ve been using Whatsapp for years now and it is hands down, the most convenient chat app. Well the thing is, everything was fine up until today. Whatsapp has this tagging function to tag someone in the same group as you by pressing the @ function, which I want to add that I greatly appreciate because it’s a fun way of calling out your friends or otherwise making your message known. I have not been saving contacts since secondary school and this was my way of life. The last time I tagged someone in a chat was on Sunday and it worked fine. Until tonight when I attempted to use the tagging function, I was not able to do it. I even restarted my phone and reopened the app. I quickly realised after suggestions from my friends that if you save at least one contact from any group that you’re in, only then can you tag said person and everyone else in it. Like, what the actual hell? This wasn’t a problem before for so many years since the inception of the tagging function so, why the sudden change? Do not ask me to start saving contacts as I have my own reasons. I just think it’s ridiculous to change something that wasn’t even a problem in the first place. Thanks.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 155.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.