Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Add a search box to the stickers
I enjoy using my WhatsApp very much as we can message each other anywhere and anytime we want if you have your phone with you. You can even have a GIF sticker party with your friends if you want even if you live at the other side of the world. But the problem is, when I want to find some stickers, i need to take a long time to find it.
So I suggest you add a search box to try stickers so that when we want to use stickers, we can just search them and will not take a long time to find it. I hope you listen to my suggestion because I would make things so much easier. The second thing, there are hackers in WhatsApp. Even though you say that WhatsApp security is really good, sometimes I doubt it’s true. (No offence) So my suggestion is you try to find a way to increase the level of WhatsApp security. If can’t, that’s fine. Also, thank you for creating this wonderful app, to allow friends from all over the wall to communicate with each other. 😄
Can't send image or gif to other
14/03 , around 3am i screenshot a picture and tried sending to my friend but cant , it didnt say why but just cannot send , and i though is the screen shot got problem so i send a picture from my gallery , still cant send , so i told my friend who is using iphone also to screenshot a picture and send me and i asked her try sending me a picture from her gallery and send gif , and it went through , she could send and i could also recieve the picture , so i tried to forward the picture she send me to my another friend , and the weird thing is can forward , can send ws text but i dont get it why i just couldnt send picture or gif , so basically i dont put profile picture at ws , so i tried putting a profile picture just now , its couldnt upload , and it says "Sorry, could not update your profile photo. Please try again later" , so for this 1hr30mins i couldnt send any picture from my gallery , i tried on off my phone , i even deleted the ws app and redownload , and on off my data and wifi , its still couldnt work ! please fix this asap ! because in my phone only ws couldnt send pic , other then ws , other chats app can . so please look into this , thankyou !
I have updated IOS 11.2.2 two days ago and from then my messages are not sync properly.
I get notification or an alert that I have a received a message >> then I go folder I can see symbol on WhatsApp icon that I have received it >> then I select the app but inside no new message >> immediately I can see app got hung for few seconds then it will start sync the message after 10 seconds..
Here I have to wait for minimum 5 to 10 seconds.. if I didn’t see WhatsApp message for longer time then the hangs time bit more.
I have restarted twice the iphone but still I face the same problem. Please help to check and fix it ASAP.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 161.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.