Join millions of readers around the world and access eBooks and audiobooks all with one app. Go shelf-less and take your reading adventures on the go. With over 6 million titles to choose from, there's something for every type of reader and listener.
Purchase eBooks and audiobooks directly from Kobo. They'll automatically appear in the app immediately afterwards.
The Kobo App makes reading even more comfortable and convenient:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime, and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use player makes it simple for you to move through your audiobook with a single touch. Never worry about losing your spot, and see how much time is left at a glance. Schedule it to turn off after a set amount of time—perfect for listening before going to sleep.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favourite.
• Start reading on one device and pick up on another. The Kobo App always remembers where you left off, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from what you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Traditional Chinese or Japanese.
• Listen to audiobooks while you drive with CarPlay. Download them before connecting to CarPlay, or else you won’t see them.
*You can listen to audiobooks on any iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS version 9.0 or higher.
For our passionate readers who love books as much as we do, we update the Kobo Books app as often as possible to continually improve on its reliability and performance.
Here's what's new in our latest release:
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Thanks for reading with Kobo Books!
Ratings and Reviews
Best eReading app in town
The best app for your reading life. Kobo features a lot settings for the best reading experience. Page and chapter flipping is a breeze and configurable to a prefered gesture or a nice kindle-like bar at the bottom. Also has a cool night-reading option so you can easily read in the dark without lighting up the whole bedroom. Standard font size, type and brigthness option are of course available.
The library system is awesome. You can arrange all your books via categories, known as 'shelves'.
The unique thing about Kobo is that it tracks your reading and offers a great statistics section, where you can see how much you've read, average reading times, pages turns, etc. There are also many virtual rewards (badges) to be earned with reading, which is are little achievements that are a very nice touch.
You are not restricted to books you buy via the Kobo bookstore and can import your own from .epubs, .pdfs, to .docs.
Again, this is probably the most feature rich and configurable ereading app out there. It also gets many significant updates, so there is always something going on.
Ok but slow
The title says it all. It's ok, but reacts slower to actions compared to iBooks or Kindle.
- Kobo Inc.
- 227.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.