TomatoFlex is a productivity app based on the pomodoro time management technique - focusing on simplicity and practicality.
It comes with a standalone Apple Watch and an iPhone app, synchronised when used together.
With Apple Watch complications and alarm, iPhone widgets and actionable notifications - you will always be in control of your focus time.
TomatoFlex supports WatchOS 6+, all Apple Watch complication types and all screen sizes (38mm, 40mm, 41mm, 42mm, 44mm, 45mm).
Some of the complications come in multiple variations:
- Tomato Face: the cute TomatoFlex icon with a gauge
- Timer: a more professional looking icon, statistics during standby and a timer display during a session
TomatoFlex supports 5 different types of iOS Widgets:
- small timer
- small statistics
- large statistics
- large timer with statistics
- hourly breakdown
If you have an idea for a new complication or widget setup feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to include it in the next release.
TomatoFlex comes with a Statistics module which:
- tracks your completed pomodoros for the last 7 days
- automatically groups pomodoros into sets
- shows your productive time range
- shows your total focus time
- show visually your day’s productivity by hour
TomatoFlex lets you set your work/break intervals in minute steps from 1 minute up to 90 minutes. It also saves your recent timer settings for convenience and quick switch.
How the synchronization works between iPhone and Apple Watch?
Session is synchronized in a handoff-like way:
- if you start on iPhone your Apple Watch won’t alarm you - but you will still get the notification as long as it is on in the settings
- if you start on Apple Watch your iPhone will only update the widgets - but won’t raise notifications
- at the moment you open the opposite app it will activate itself and the session will run on both - notifications, Apple Watch alarm and complications will all run
Statistics are always synchronized whenever a new pomodoro is completed.
About actionable notifications:
- you can control the iPhone session with notifications from either your Apple Watch or iPhone
- if you wish to not receive iPhone notifications on Apple Watch you can turn it off in the system watch app
More details for black belt pomodoro ninjas:
It is flexible because it does not force you into intervals with second precision. It just notifies you about the interval end and you decide when do you want to continue with the next interval. This is more realistic in a real world scenario as you might need an extra minute or so to complete your current work before you want to go for a break. It is a similar experience as a traditional analog pomodoro timer but with taps on your wrist.
Our statistics module can figure out what counts as a set so you still get the same insight and discipline for your focused work. This system is also mistap proof as you can start a new interval with the same length anytime and if this new pomodoro's completion time is reasonably close to the previous one it will group them into the same set automatically, regardless of you accidentally quitting your current set.
“The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s. The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals, traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks. Each interval is known as a pomodoro, from the Italian word for 'tomato', after the tomato-shaped kitchen timer that Cirillo used as a university student.” - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique
If you have any question don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
New minor version of TomatoFlex arrived!
- actionable notifications
- statistics drill down - tap a day to see details!
- hourly stats chart: visually showing your productive time
- new widget with hourly stats chart
Quality of life:
- better notifications - we only show the latest relevant notification from now on
- Apple Watch alarm now becomes more relaxed over time if you cannot or don’t want to stop it immediately
- improved the way synchronization works between Apple Watch and iOS
- minor UI adjustments
We hope you enjoy and feel free to reach out with any question!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Talking Chicken Friend OU
- 3.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Talking Chicken Friend, OU
- 0,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.