The Austrian Map mobile (AMap mobile) contains the digital maps of Austria including hill shading, geographic names database “Geonam” and the digital elevation model. This digital product of the Bundesamt für Eich- und Vermessungswesen (BEV) offers high quality topographic maps and a user-friendly interface with extensive functionality.
Maps and data available in the Austrian Map mobile:
* Overview Map 1:1 Million (free of charge)
* Cartographic model 1:500 000 (free of charge)
* Cartographic model 1:250 000
* Cartographic model 1:50 000
The app contains a map tile contingent of 550 tiles, which corresponds to 550 km ² in the scale 1:50 000 (no specific area, maps free to choose). This allows to test the capabilities of the AMap mobile in a specific area. Additional areas may be downloaded at will.
Functions of Austrian Map mobile:
* Search by toponym or search by coordinates
* GPS features: Display of the location, "moving map", compass support, routing along tracks
* Panorama function, and "Augmented Reality"
* Insert, edit and share POIs (Points of Interest)
* Recording, editing and exporting tracks (tracks can be imported into AMap Fly)
* Measuring distances
* meta data about the used map sheets
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Map tiles update (07/2020)
* Bug fixes
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andreas Garzotto GmbH
- 38.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2020, Bundesamt für Eich und Vermessungswesen
- In-App Purchases
- Region 1 - Burgenland USD 13.99
- Region 2 - Kärnten USD 13.99
- Region 3- Niederösterreich USD 13.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.