In front of you the world’s largest bible of guitar scales' concepts from Fonexsis. This is something without which it can not do any one musician. Conceptual Guitar (CG) introduces the most employed concepts of scales and modes.
«Concept» is a variety of repetitive sets of notes on each of the six strings. For example, the 3-3 concept implies use of 3 notes on each of six strings; 2-2 concept - 2 notes on each of six strings; 1-2-3 concept implies 1 note on sixth string, 2 notes on fifth string, 3 notes on fourth string, then 1 note on third string, 2 notes on second string and 3 notes on the first string.
In this app you can see the Scales that play overs certain Chord, and Chords, which play over a certain Scale. CG will be useful for both theoreticians and musicians of all directions (classic, jazz, rock, metal, pop, folk). Typically, a professional guitarist uses a number of concepts of performing scales and modes in his creativity. Thanks to this app you will be able to choose the concept that is right for you, because there are 60 (!!!) different scale concepts presented here.
All scales and modes are presented in diatonic, alt-diatonic and chromatic systems.
Conceptual Guitar Chord-Scales features:
● Encyclopedia of 5,000 scales (incl. their conceptional variations): harmonic, melodic, diminished, hexatonic, whole tone, augmented, double harmonic, altered pentatonic, messiaen modes, indian raga & mela, arabic maqam
● Scales can be transposed in any desired key (about 60,000 total scales incl. transposition!)
● Introducing 60 different scale concepts !!!
● Powerful Scale Selector feature. It represents over 31,000 interconnections between scales and chords
● Search scales that fit certain chords (Chords-Scales mode)
● Search chords that fit certain scales (Scales-Chords mode)
● Each scale has up to 20 conceptional variations
● Favorites: create list of your favorite scales
● Preview and play degrees of selected scale
● Harmony feature: you can see and listen to the chords that fit currently selected Scale
● Two selectable guitar sound banks: acoustic and distortion
● Reverb effect, can be applied to guitar sounds
● 8 harmony sound timbres at your choice
● 3 harmony sound effect types
● Metronome with adjustable settings
● Pre-count for training
● Tip of the Day feature, that helps you learn about all useful features
Demo video link:
In this update:
- added over 5,000 of new interconnections between chords and scales;
- updated with scales: Maqamat (hijaz kar, hijaz add b7, nahawand kurdi, nahawand hijazi, nahawand murassa, nakriz, nawa athar, saba busalik, saba zamzamah, shahnaz kurdi, tarz jadid, tarz nuwin, zingaran. Whole-tone #2 scale, lydian #2,b6 scale, diminished add (nat3,5) scale, dominant diminished add (nat4, #5) scale;
- bug fixed: when you delete a favorite from the selector, it could delete the other one with the same name instead;
- bug fixed with incorrect displaying of launch screen on iphone;
- improvements to work better with iOS 11.
In previous update (1.3.3):
- Added Dorian #5 scale (with 19 variations);
- Enable/disable of transposing by dragging notes on fretboard option added in Settings page;
- Volume of interface sounds now can be adjusted from Settings page;
- new alternate names added to scales;
- improvements and bug fixes.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.