Dear Reader lets you curl up and play your favorite books, turning classic literature into clever word puzzles. Unscramble passages from famous books, unlock unique puzzles, and add new books to your library.
Dear Reader includes fifty literary classics and dozens of different word puzzles, from unscrambling anagrams to swapping lines of text. As far as we know, this is the first game where you can dive in and play with the actual written words from so many tempting books.
And it’s fun! As Michelle Ehrhardt of Kill Screen wrote, “As novel as the game is, it plays with the same confidence as a 100-year old classic.”
Top 5 Apple Arcade recommended games, Bustle Magazine
12 Best Apple Arcade games, Gamespot
10 Best games of GDC 2019, Paste Magazine
Official Finalist, IndieCade 2018
Official Selection, Indie Megabooth GDC Showcase 2019
Official Selection, Wordplay Festival, 2019
A bit of Dear Reader editing:
• Improved music tracks for all of the books
• Small visual improvements on book covers and app icons
• A fix to the Reading Goal progress logic
- Local No. 12, LLC
- 222.6 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Local No. 12, LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.