Defend your castle from a horde of monsters while practicing speech!
Let your child practice their speech in a fun and engaging environment! Utilized by certified Speech-Language Pathologists, this app takes a research-backed approach to keeping children focused during practice sessions while simultaneously improving production accuracy.
This game is designed for speech therapy practice and requires a Verboso subscription to play.
Bo and Aro is a game designed to make speech practice fun. It is used by certified Speech-Language Pathologists who specialize in hard-to-treat articulation disorders to help improve speech skills for kids who need high-intensity speech therapy services. The target selection features allow adults to guide children through isolation and syllable-level practice in a motivating, video game format. Providing practice opportunities for these foundational skills is critical to a child's success in articulation therapy, and Bo and Aro's custom exercise feature lets you work on any target! Plus, the app has access to thousands of exercises, with over 500 helpful flashcards to match pictures to prompts!
The video game setup moves kids through levels to help keep them engaged in practice sessions. Children can choose the character they want to play as and customize their appearance and equipment before heading into battle. They then get to practice saying word prompts with helpful flashcards and audio cues. A correct word production rewards kids by letting them take aim at incoming monsters, or use cool magical abilities to defend their castle. If the sound was incorrect, the child is free to try again as many times as they like! There are also 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons to navigate to new flashcards to prevent getting stuck on a difficult word. All of these steps have been engineered based on motor learning research to improve speech sound production--but kids just think they're playing a video game!
Great for kids who have apraxia, cleft palate, persistent errors, or who just need more fun in the session to help keep them focused, Bo and Aro provides therapists with a tool to engage kids for high-intensity, high-repetition, drill-based articulation practice. Plus, the app tracks data for you to monitor changes over time via the online Verboso portal.
- Therapy, your way: Articulation therapy at the isolation level for any sound via custom target selection.
- Group-friendly: Group sessions for up to four players at a time, with different targets for each child.
- Exercise variety: Access to thousands of exercises, with an ever-growing list of helpful flashcards. Also supports custom exercises list, tailored specifically for your child.
- Animated video game play: Children can choose their character, change their style, and unlock cool new abilities and equipment, ensuring they stay engaged in practice sessions.
Other features include:
- Add multiple sounds per session. Load your session with multiple targets using the exercise selection feature and save them for later.
- Shuffle feature lets you add multiple word positions for a target in one session and present them at random—great for carryover of skills!
- Data reports broken out by each sound and each player.
Download Bo and Aro today and make your child's articulation therapy fun, engaging and data-driven!
- Removed Sign Up button for iOS.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Verboso LLC
- 260.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Verboso LLC 2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.