If you have trouble remembering what you've learned, then this is the app for you.
*** THE BEST TOEFL VOCABULARY APP IN THE APP STORE ***
Knowji makes the highest quality and most effective vocabulary apps in the App Store. You won't believe how quickly you'll learn! This Knowji TOEFL app teaches you 500 essential English words that all ELL learners need to know in order to do well in the TOEFL exam. Learn the definitions, understand them through example sentences, see the words in pictures, hear the words, practice speaking the words, and learn their correct pronunciations, etc.
*** WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ***
"I couldn’t recommend this more highly to anybody who is studying for the TOEFL. It’s a must-have. Also, it’s about half the price of carrying around bulky vocab cards!" Brent Warner, TOEFL and ELL educator, www.toeflibtbook.com
"I am an SLP who works with high school students at all levels. I just used this app with my ELL students - they LOVED it! If you're looking for an app that will motivate your students, then you have found it! With a variety of activities offered within the app, your students' vocabulary will indeed grow and progress." Denise Waite, MS, CCC-SLP, Bayside High School, Florida
"I've struggled to learn English for many years. This app has helped me so much!" Maggie Yu
*** WHY CHOOSE KNOWJI? ***
Our built-in MEMORY COACH uses scientifically proven methods to ensure that you'll learn and remember hundreds of words quickly and easily. Our team of content creators, including Stanford University graduates and PhDs, spent years developing rich, engaging content so that you won't just memorize words, you'll really understand them!
Knowji offers the richest set of content and the most effective technology to help you learn and remember. When evaluating other apps and learning systems, ask yourself if they offer you what Knowji offers you:
- Image: A beautiful custom image for every word.
- Audio pronunciation
- Example sentence(s): Many words have multiple example sentences to teach you the various ways you can use the words.
- Collocations: Use words you’ve learned with collocation information (ex: confirm the meeting; later confirmed; able to confirm; refuse to confirm)
- Synonyms (ex: weak, frail, feeble, scrawny)
- Antonyms (ex: big, small)
- Word family (ex: recognize, recognized, recognizable, recognizably, recognition)
- Verb tenses (ex: go, went, going, gone - irregular)
- Adjective comparatives & superlatives (ex: strong, stronger, strongest)
- Nouns (singular & plural forms ex: book, books/fish, fish)
- Many roots and affixes (ex: react = re(back, again) + act(stem))
- Spaced Repetition: A scientifically proven method for optimal memory retention. The app keeps track of how well you've learned a word, and presents challenging words more frequently than others. It even suggests a time when you should drill again before you forget the words.
- 4 Learning Modes: Passive & active Recall (including spelling), receptive & productive learning.
- Quiz: Quiz yourself anytime using multiple modes.
- Accent Reduction & Proper Pronunciation: Record your own voice and compare it with Knowji’s voice.
- Goal Setting: Specify how many new words you want to learn per day, or set a target completion date.
- Search: Look up words by the word itself, definition, or example sentence.
- Favorite a word so you can quickly reference the word later.
- Do Not Learn: No more wasted time learning words you already know.
- Progress Tracker: See how many words you've learned and how well you know them.
- Status Report: Track your learning progress.
NOTE: You may also want to download our Knowji AWL app to learn words used in academic environments.
*** Download our FREE Knowji Vocab Lite app and sample content from all our apps! ***
CONNECT WITH US:
facebook.com/knowji (for fun word quizzes)
knowji.com (We love hearing from you.)
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Knowji, Inc.
- 26.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Knowji, Inc.
- USD 5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.