Allows an email to be prepared based on a template (second page in the app), containing the current location, speed, distance to the home location (if applicable) and a single picture (taken within the app or selected from the device).
This template (subject & body) can contain specific tags to be replaced by:
- links to map sites (Google, Bing, Openstreet)
- longitude and latitude of the current location
- speed & distance (in kilometres or miles)
- text to be included in the mail body when a picture was attached or not attached
- text to be included in the mail body when the current location was available or not
The picture (added as an attachment) can be reduced in quality (and thus size) as to fit comfortably in an email (options: minimum, low, normal, high, maximum). This is done in the first page of the app.
It uses the default mail app to send the email. Note: an email account must be set up in advance.
- current speed and corresponding tags: (kmh), (mph)
- distance to home location (km / miles) and corresponding tags
- possibility to lock the current location/speed (eg: at the location of the picture taken)
- easy insertion of tags in the template body
- "Send mail" option is always visible but will show a message when an email account has not been set up or the device is not supported
- minor user interface improvements
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.