This is the companion app for Orba by Artiphon that lets you:
• Connect wirelessly using MIDI over Bluetooth
• Load Presets with new sounds, keys, and tempos
• Record loops with Drum, Bass, Chord, and Lead parts
What is Orba:
Orba is a handheld synth, looper, and MIDI controller that lets anyone make music immediately. Play notes and beats on its touch-sensitive surface, add effects with movement, and layer your ideas into songs with the built-in looper. Connect to the Orba App to customize your instrument and explore new sounds. It’s never been easier to make music, anywhere you go.
Who is Artiphon:
Artiphon is dedicated to making smart, playful instruments we can all enjoy. The INSTRUMENT 1 was our first step, and Orba is our second big experiment in rethinking the musical interface.
• Enjoy new tunings! The Orba Diatonic tuning can be found in the Lead presets folder. Orba Open and Orba 7th can be found in the Chord presets folder.
• Orba will now put itself to bed. Leave Orba running for ten minutes and it will automatically power down. Feel free to disable this feature in the settings menu.
• The app will now automatically detect if your Orba is in "DFU mode” and prompt a firmware update. In the unlikely event that your Orba becomes unresponsive or "bricked," this will make it easy to resurrect.
• We’re temporarily removing the Song Browser and song saving buttons. Song saving was causing unexpected behavior in other areas. This is a temporary fix and we look forward to bringing songs back, better than before.
• This update also includes major stability improvement across multiple devices.