Create Substrate based accounts, sign extrinsics from and to these accounts without any sort of connectivity enabled on the device. Wifi, Mobile Network, Bluetooth must be shut down and even removed physically to ensure that the mobile phone containing these accounts will not be exposed to any online threat. Visit our wiki to learn how to use Parity Signer at https://wiki.parity.io/Parity-Signer-Mobile-App.
Any data transfer from or to the app happens using QR code. By doing so, the most sensitive piece of information, the private keys, will never leave the phone. The Parity Signer Mobile app can be used to store any Substrate based or Ethereum account, this includes DOT, KSM, ETH as well as Ether from various testnets (Kovan, Ropsten...).
Parity Signer is built to be used offline. The mobile device used to run the App will hold important information that needs to be kept securely stored. It is therefore advised to:
- Use a dedicated mobile device (not your everyday phone).
- Make a factory reset.
- Enable full-disk encryption on the device, with a reasonable password (might not be on by default).
- Do not use any kind of biometrics such as fingerprint or face recognition for device decryption/unlocking, as those may be less secure than regular passwords.
- Once the App has been installed, enable airplane mode and make sure to switch off Wifi, Bluetooth or any connection ability of the device.
- Only charge the phone on a power outlet that is never connected to the internet.
- Only charge the phone with the manufacturer’s charging adapter.
- Do not charge the phone on public USB chargers.
This release adds Rococo Network and fix a network QR scanning error.