Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps, by providing a temporary "shelf" for your files and app-content.
It frees up your mouse, enabling you to navigate more comfortably to the destination of your files.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in at the edge of your screen, allowing you to drag to it.
While Yoink is holding on to your files for you, you can more easily and comfortably navigate to the destination of your files, without having to keep the mouse button clicked the entire time.
Overview of Yoink's main features:
- A "shelf" at the edge of your screen for files and app-content you'd like to move or copy, which behaves like Finder (regarding moving and copying)
- Yoink follows you everywhere - windows, spaces and (fullscreen-) apps
- Icons are created using QuickLook, allowing easy identification
- Multiple files dragged to Yoink at once are condensed into a Stack, making it easy to drag them out together
- System Services, the Quick Action and Share extensions allow storing files in Yoink without having to use drag and drop
- Handoff to transfer files between all the Macs, iPads and iPhones you're using Yoink on
- Clipboard History, which lets you store previously copied content in Yoink, or copy again
- Highly customizable - you decide where, when and if Yoink appears
- "Share" to and from Yoink
For further information and usage tips for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here's what customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
Here's what members of the press say about Yoink:
"Yoink is a terrific utility" - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
Some features may require a more recent version of macOS, or the separately available Yoink app for iOS:
Handoff from Mac to Mac requires macOS El Capitan 10.11 or newer on both Macs
Handoff to/from iPad or iPhone requires separately available Yoink app for iOS
Quick Action and Continuity Camera requires macOS Mojave 10.14
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at email@example.com, or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
Improvements in Yoink v3.5.5:
- Text items can now be copied in plain text by holding down the shift key in the Clipboard History Today Widget and Yoink's contextual menu
- Improves handling of volumes being mounted and unmounted
- Improves reliability of the Share extension
- Yoink now respects the order in which you selected files in Yoink when dragging out
- The "Move to..." dialog always originates in the selected file's folder, making it easier and more straight-forward to rename a right-clicked file
- Yoink no longer tries to mount network volumes
- Improves handling of URLs / links
- Improves compatibility with CleanMyMac 3
- Improves compatibility with macOS Mojave's Photos.app
- Improves compatibility with Curio
- Reduces the app's file size
Bug fixes in Yoink v3.5.5:
- Fixes a bug where the contextual menu's "Move to..." or "Copy to..." wouldn't work
- Fixes a bug that occurred when sharing files to Yoink (when sharing files to Yoink one after another, if they had the same file name, the previously shared file would be overwritten)
- Fixes a bug that caused Yoink's menu bar icon on macOS High Sierra and earlier not to be drawn correctly when clicked on
- Fixes a rare crash when setting up Yoink's table
- Fixes a crash when displaying the "File moved to trash" popover
- Fixes a crash in the share extension
- Fixes a potential crash when using Handoff
- Fixes an issue that caused Yoink to consume a lot of CPU
- Fixes an issue where tooltips were displayed when they shouldn't appear
If you're enjoying Yoink, please consider leaving a rating or a review of the app - it would mean a lot to me and help me out quite a bit. Thank you.
If you're interested in my apps and their development, or my life as an indie developer, I'd like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), twitter (https://twitter.com/eternalstorms), facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms) or instagram (https://instagram.com/eternalstorms).
Should you experience issues with Yoink or have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you kindly,
Great App, Nice Developer
Yoink is user-friendly and helps me a lot in daily use.
When I encountered some problems, Matt replied fast and helped me to solve them.
How can I recover items before purchasing?
I've tried Yoink until trial expired when there's some images grabbed from internet. After purchasing, the missing items didn't come back even I hold on F5.
How can I recover these files (´-ωก`)
Hi Hana Shiro,
Thank you for your feedback on Yoink. I'm sorry my app is giving you trouble. Please mail me at email@example.com so I can better assist you.
With warm regards,
very good tool for every day work
Since I bought it I never close it. Very good tool.