GarageBand turns your iPad and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a fully featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards and guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone or guitar to instantly record a performance, with support for up to 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad and iPhone like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps and stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favourite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad or iPhone
• Share your songs using email or to social media sites like SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to some social media sites may require apps like iMovie, Clips or other third-party apps
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The program is good but there are a couple of drawbacks.
I like the garage band, but it has flaws that force me to switch to other programs due to the lack of professional instruments, please add the ability to adjust the key of the sounds that are in the beat sequencer so that I can make for example a kick in the key of the beat. Another huge drawback of the Garage Band is its equalizer, it has only three points for adjustment and this is not enough, please make it possible to add more sound adjustment points, because the sound is not always what you need and you get a bit with resonances. I would be glad if you add this to Garage Band, then I will not necessarily work in other programs, but I was able to work in this convenient and good program.
I have an old version of Garage Band on my iPad Air 1 and when I try to start it it asks Apple ID and when I put correct information in it just crashes. In App Store it says update and when I try to do it, I press download compatible version it just asks me again and again.
I’m just so excited, guys!
I can’t believe that you integrated the alchemy synth into garageband! It’s like a day I was waiting for a many years, after alchemy was gone from appstore. A years! I just can’t believe you did it. When I opened the last update, I saw alchemy, it was like lightning moved through all my body, because a years ago it was my favorite thing ever. Thank you sooooo much! Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 17.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.