Nimble Commander is a free dual-pane file manager designed specifically for Mac. Optimized for efficiency, Nimble Commander provides a blazing performance and momentary user interface feedback. Offering traditional powerful dual-panel manager concepts, Nimble Commander maintains minimalist and clean UI design at the same time.
• Classic tabbed dual-pane interface with different presentation modes: traditional UI and monospaced text-based variant
• Full keyboard access with the fastest way to handle file management tasks
• Nearly instantaneous launch, small memory footprint, and blazing-fast operation
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Background operations processing
• Font and color customization
• Different file panel viewing modes: short, medium, full, and wide
• Instant files searching and filtering by typing
• File editing in editors of your choice, based on file extensions
• File search by name, size, or content
• QuickLook support
• Built-in file attributes editor and file viewer with textual/hexadecimal presentation
• Showing file search results as a file panel
• Lightweight search with Spotlight
• Browsing archives (zip, tar, bz2, gz, pax, cpio, lha, ar, cab, mtree, iso, warc, rar) like folders
• Archives building
• Extended attributes modification
• Powerful batch renaming
• External tools integration
• Ability to connect to remote FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers, Dropbox service
• System and volumes information, showing processes list as a folder
• Checksum calculation
If you have any questions or suggestions, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at http://magnumbytes.com/forum/
- [Pro features] Internal Viewer got a new implementation which is more performant and stable.
- [Pro features] Compress operation now provides an option to protect a target archive with a password.
- Find Files sheet got an option to search for files which do not contain some text.
- New action “Copy Item Directory”: Shift+Alt+Cmd+C.
- QuickLook icons are now generated only for files with extensions conforming to a whitelist of UTIs. By default, this list includes "public.image", "public.movie" and "public.audio".
- Popup menus (F1/F2 and quick lists: Cmd+1..5) can now switch to other menus by hitting their hotkeys.
- Dragging items to the Trash now deletes them as expected.
- The in-place renaming editor now flickers less and is more responsive.
- [Pro features] Fixed an issue with incompatible SSH key types.
- Fixed an issue with an invalid placing of the Sharing popup.
- Lots of other bugfixes and internal improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The best free commander on the app store for sure!
Thanks for the favorites customization and a dark theme.
very good file manager
Thanks for a such product. I use free version and very happy with it, as it provides me with almost all functions that I usualy need.
The most missing function in the free version is absense of internal viewer, however I believe that it is a good compromise to have a such quality product for free.
… но Pro версия стоит оч. дорого, лучше тогда уж CRAX тогда купить. Хотя меня бесплатная пока устраивает.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.