PocketBook Reader is a free app for reading any e-content (books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, etc.) and listening to audiobooks! Support all formats.
PocketBook Reader is a free app for reading all formats (books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, etc.) and listening to audiobooks! The application supports 26 book and audio formats, including mobi, epub, fb2, cbz, cbr. Read without ads and with total comfort!
Choose any content - any format!
• Support of 19 book formats, including the most popular - EPUB, FB2, MOBI, PDF, DJVU, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML;
• Comic book formats CBR and CBZ;
• Open books protected with Adobe DRM (PDF, EPUB);
• PDF Reflow function (reflow text in PDF files).
Listen to audiobooks!
• You can listen to audiobooks and other audio files in MP3, M4B, and take notes in them;
• Built-in TTS (Text-to-speech) engine for the voicing of the text files.
Download and sync content easily!
• Free PocketBook Cloud service for synchronizing all your books, including audiobooks, as well as reading positions, notes and bookmarks on all your devices;
• Your files from Dropbox or Google Books services are easily connected to the app to create one consolidated library. You can even connect multiple accounts at the same time;
• Support for OPDS catalogs - get access to network libraries;
• ISBN scanner, for quick search of electronic versions of books by barcode;
• Opportunity to borrow books and periodicals;
• If you have a E Ink e-reader PocketBook, you can easily synchronize all your books and accounts just by scanning a QR code.
Ready to switch from another app? No problem! Getting started with PocketBook Reader is easy! With an intuitive interface, the application provides you with unprecedented freedom – lots of options for settings and no restrictions.
Choose, change, customize, and personalize!
• Intuitive interface, easy navigation, and minimalistic design;
• Opportunity to choose one of the seven interface color themes, reassign the buttons and display areas;
• Two night-reading modes - for better reading comfort anytime;
• Adjust the font style, font size, line spacing, and margin size;
• Animation of turning pages;
• Opportunity to crop margins – make the page look exactly the way you want.
Get fast file access and easy search!
• All files are quickly found and instantly opened, even with built-in audio and video fragments;
• Your books will never be lost in the device’s memory - thanks to the smart search, scanning files on your tablet or smartphone is a matter of seconds. Any file or document can be found in a few clicks!
• The app allows you to sort books, create collections, filter and mark files as you like. Your library - your rules;
• Convenient managing of audio files - it is easy to sort and play your audiobooks.
Make bookmarks, take notes, add comments!
• You can quickly find all your notes and share them with friends via email or messengers;
• Collect all your notes, bookmarks, and comments into separate files for even greater convenience.
PocketBook Reader was created by avid readers for avid readers, and that’s why it’s probably the best e-book reader app.
Ratings and Reviews
After last update it shuts down right after the start
After recent update to version 5.7 app just shuts down every time I am trying to open it. I see starting screen and then it shuts down without any additional messages. It’s very frustrating because I have all the books I am reading for last three years there in this app. How can I fix this? Will wait for your reply. Device is iPhone 6s.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Try turning on airplane mode and launching the reader. Thank you!
Bad/unnatural scrolling animation for DJVU files
When viewing .djvu files, there is unnatural scrolling/animation, which is very different from what happens on iPadOS for pdf, html or other text files. The normal text scrolling gestures do not work either (for example, there is no vertical scroll bar which can be dragged, the click on top of the app titlebar doesn't make the document scroll all the way to the top), which makes the experience far from ideal for this type of files. Can you please considering fixing these annoyances? Thank you.
Looking forward to word wrap in pdf-reflow mode
This is my favorite app fo reading books.
The new feature “pdf-reflow” makes comfortable to read large pdf on a small screen.
We expect you to develop word wrap line ending feature in pdf-reflow mode, so that large words do not leave a lot of blank space.
Also, it would be nice to have djvu-reflow.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocketbook International SA
- 124.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 PocketBook International SA
- In-App Purchases
- eBook (class D) 4,99 USD
- eBook (class B) 1,99 USD
- eBook (class C) 3,99 USD
- eBook (class AltB) 0,99 USD
- eBook (class A) 0,99 USD
- eBook (class Alt5) 5,99 USD
- eBook (class G) 6,99 USD
- eBook (class H) 7,99 USD
- eBook (class I) 9,99 USD
- eBook (class F) 5,99 USD