PocketBook Reader is a free app for reading any e-content (books, magazines, textbooks, comic books, etc.) and listening to audiobooks! The application supports 26 book and audio formats, including mobi, epub, fb2, cbz, cbr. Read without ads and with total comfort!
Choose any content - any format!
• Support of 19 book formats, including the most popular - EPUB, FB2, MOBI, PDF, DJVU, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML;
• Comic book formats CBR and CBZ;
• Open books protected with Adobe DRM (PDF, EPUB);
• PDF Reflow function (reflow text in PDF files).
Listen to audiobooks!
• You can listen to audiobooks and other audio files in MP3, M4B, and take notes in them;
• Built-in TTS (Text-to-speech) engine for the voicing of the text files.
Download and sync content easily!
• Free PocketBook Cloud service for synchronizing all your books, including audiobooks, as well as reading positions, notes and bookmarks on all your devices;
• Your files from Dropbox or Google Books services are easily connected to the app to create one consolidated library. You can even connect multiple accounts at the same time;
• Support for OPDS catalogs - get access to network libraries;
• ISBN scanner, for quick search of electronic versions of books by barcode;
• Opportunity to borrow books and periodicals;
• If you have a E Ink e-reader PocketBook, you can easily synchronize all your books and accounts just by scanning a QR code.
Ready to switch from another app? No problem! Getting started with PocketBook Reader is easy! With an intuitive interface, the application provides you with unprecedented freedom – lots of options for settings and no restrictions.
Choose, change, customize, and personalize!
• Intuitive interface, easy navigation, and minimalistic design;
• Opportunity to choose one of the seven interface color themes, reassign the buttons and display areas;
• Two night-reading modes - for better reading comfort anytime;
• Adjust the font style, font size, line spacing, and margin size;
• Animation of turning pages;
• Opportunity to crop margins – make the page look exactly the way you want.
Get fast file access and easy search!
• All files are quickly found and instantly opened, even with built-in audio and video fragments;
• Your books will never be lost in the device’s memory - thanks to the smart search, scanning files on your tablet or smartphone is a matter of seconds. Any file or document can be found in a few clicks!
• The app allows you to sort books, create collections, filter and mark files as you like. Your library - your rules;
• Convenient managing of audio files - it is easy to sort and play your audiobooks.
Make bookmarks, take notes, add comments!
• You can quickly find all your notes and share them with friends via email or messengers;
• Collect all your notes, bookmarks, and comments into separate files for even greater convenience.
PocketBook Reader was created by avid readers for avid readers, and that’s why it’s probably the best e-book reader app.
- new design with book list widgets on Home screen
- simple navigation for different book lists
- possibility to change theme (icon colors) in the app
- possibility to use different Cloud accounts at the same time
- Bookland store and ReadRate service temporarily inaccessible
- access to Google Books account
- improved work with Dropbox
- new fonts added
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looking forward to word wrap in pdf-reflow mode
This is my favorite app fo reading books.
The new feature “pdf-reflow” makes comfortable to read large pdf on a small screen.
We expect you to develop word wrap line ending feature in pdf-reflow mode, so that large words do not leave a lot of blank space.
Also, it would be nice to have djvu-reflow.
Nice app - I often use it when forgot my pocketbook 301 plus. But after last update it started to crash at start or after book change. Also, it refresh only ~2000 books in library, so I have to start it 5 times to refresh all my library.
UPD: Pocket book 301 plus has less memory and CPU power, then iPad mini 4, but it can index library without crashes. So it's a question about optimal algorithms/data structures, and I believe you have a lot of things to optimize.
PS: 2.11 still crashing on startup screen (I have 10k books in library)
Developer Response ,
You know: different devices, different OS'es, different classes, different purpose...
When library is about thousand books and more, there are crashes appears because of out of memory. Huge libraries - not main purpose of iOS reader for now. But we working on this issue and it will be fixed in future. Have a nice reading!
Issue with loading some pages at times
It almost the perfect reader although it doesn’t load some pages correctly. It happens few times in a book. For instance app loads the first two paragraphs while the third one doesn’t or loads the name of chapter and the rest of text doesn’t load at all. Sometimes swiping some pages further and back helps, sometimes restarting app helps.
I would love to use this app without such bag in the future!
Thank you for your great work ♥️
Developer Response ,
Is this issue appears in this version? In which book format you see it?
- Content Management S.A.
- 121 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 PocketBook International SA
- In-App Purchases
- eBook (class B) 1,99 USD
- eBook (class A) 0,99 USD
- eBook (class C) 2,99 USD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.