* Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
The Galaxy Watch application connects Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport Galaxy Watch, and Galaxy Watch Active to your mobile device. It also manages and monitors Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch / Galaxy Watch Active features and applications installed through Galaxy App Store. Use the Galaxy Watch application to set up and manage the following
- Connect to and disconnect from a mobile device
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
Install the Galaxy Watch application on your mobile device, then pair your Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport Galaxy Watch or Galaxy Watch Active with a Bluetooth connection and enjoy all of its features.
- Galaxy Watch is not compatible with iPad and iPod touch
* Settings and features provided by the Galaxy Watch application are only available when Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport and Galaxy Watch is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a proper connection between Gear S2 / Gear S3 / Gear Sport / Galaxy Watch / Galaxy Watch Active and your mobile device.
* This application is only for Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear Sport, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* If you have any questions, please contact to the web page below.
※ User Agreement
Following User Agreements are required for the app service.
Even if you don't agree the agreements you can use basic service but can't use disagree services.
[Required User Agreements]
- Bluetooth: Required for communication with Watch
- Background Refresh/fetch: Required for communication with Watch while in background
[Optional User Agreements]
- Photos: For sending image feature required access permission to access the Phone photos
ㆍRequired for QR Code scan to activate gear side eSIM
ㆍDuring the eSIM activation in Galaxy Watch Setup.
ㆍDuring update profile picture for Samsung health
- Contacts: Required to access phone contacts to add buddy and sync with gear contacts
- Location: Required to Determine your location from gear for weather information
- Calendar: Permission required to Sync Watch Calendar
- Notification: Required for accessing Notification Center with useful information
- Cellular Data: Required to access service when you couldn't access Wi-Fi network"
- General bug fixing and improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
SMS from Gear S2 with IPhone 7 Plus
Do I have possibility for sending text messages from my Samsung Gear S2 if I’m using Apple IPhone 7 Plus?
Developer Response ,
Dear user, sorry for the inconvenience. Reply to messages isn't not available in iOS version. Thank you!
When will we get function like pairing iPhone with Samsung galaxy icon x
Developer Response ,
Dear User, currently iconx is not supported with galaxy watch app. We will pass your feedback to development team. Thanks for your comment.
Needs to be fixed
The app does not work together with the Samsung Health. There are some issues in communicating between apps, as a result no data can be synced with Health app.
-edit- after several full resets of Gear S3 and several reinstallation of both Gear S and Samsung Health apps the sync was successful, however still sync doesn't work occasionally.
iPhone 5 iOS 10.3.3
Gear S3 SM-R770, Tizen 18.104.22.168
Apps version - latest available at AppStore
Developer Response ,
Dear Fpikey, sorry to hear your experience. You may try to restart your Bluetooth for a few seconds before sync. We will pass your feedback to development team. Thanks.
- Samsung Electronics
- 184.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.