This app is a convenient, effective tool for:
• children with childhood apraxia of speech/dyspraxia
• adults with apraxia
• anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
• can also be used for traditional articulation practice
Targeting specific patterns of articulation within 2-syllable words, this app is a fun way to practice basic speech sounds and motor planning. Because the emphasis is on the individual’s production, the parent or therapist should be an active participant, providing the user with feedback, reinforcement, and additional modeling. This app is not intended for independent use by the child/student.
Speech Therapy for Apraxia - 2 Syllable Words is intended to be the next step in a progression after the one-syllable words of our previous app, Speech Therapy for Apraxia – Words has been mastered.
** FEATURES **
• Choose from 9 different word groups to target.
• Words are categorized according to place of articulation of the phonemes and pattern of articulation within the word (e.g. Bilabial, Alveolar, Velar combinations)
• For each group, choose the level at which to practice.
• Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate word group and practice level.
• Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
• Illustration and audio provided for each word.
• Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
• Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular types of phonemes.
* NEW PROGRESS TRACKING OPTION REQUIRES IN APP PURCHASE. PROGRESS TRACKING IS NOT INCLUDED WITH BUNDLE OR INDIVIDUAL APP, IT HAS TO BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY*
• Track and save the progress for each user so that you can resume each consonant group and level from where you left off. Great for SLPs who wants to use this for multiple users.
• Sharing your progress via email directly from the app allows for communication between therapist and parent. For parents, practice at home and email your progress to therapist.
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, this app practices articulation at the word level and is a logical follow-up to the original syllable-based app, Speech Therapy for Apraxia. This newer version provides choices of different patterns of articulation within words and moves through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech. It begins at the production of single words with easier patterns of articulation and progresses through increasingly more difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random words.
- Bug fixes
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Whale Apps, Inc.
- 95.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Blue Whale Apps
- 4,99 USD
- In-App Purchases
- Purchase Tracking 4,99 USD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.