WhatsApp from Facebook is a FREE messaging and video calling app. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries. It’s simple, reliable, and private, so you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family. WhatsApp works across mobile and desktop even on slow connections, with no subscription fees*.
**Private messaging across the world**
Your personal messages and calls to friends and family are end-to-end encrypted. No one outside of your chats, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them.
**Simple and secure connections, right away**
All you need is your phone number, no user names or logins. You can quickly view your contacts who are on WhatsApp and start messaging.
**High quality voice and video calls**
Make secure video and voice calls with up to 8 people for free*. Your calls work across mobile devices using your phone’s Internet service, even on slow connections.
**Group chats to keep you in contact**
Stay in touch with your friends and family. End-to-end encrypted group chats let you share messages, photos, videos and documents across mobile and desktop.
**Stay connected in real time**
Share your location with only those in your individual or group chat, and stop sharing at any time. Or record a voice message to connect quickly.
**Share daily moments through Status**
Status allows you to share text, photos, video and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours. You can choose to share status posts with all your contacts or just selected ones.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
If you have any feedback or questions, please go to **WhatsApp** > **Settings** > **Help** > **Contact Us**
* You can now listen to voice messages at different speeds by toggling the 1x/1.5x/2x buttons while a message is playing.
* You will see an "@" symbol on groups in the chats list when you are mentioned or someone has replied to your message.
Ratings and Reviews
request about how to delete messages in conversation for both sides
Dear developers please can you explain how to delete message in conversation, now I am trying to delete but I see only one option “delete for yourself” but I need option “delete for everyone”!
How to do it???
One of the worst
I’m amazed how this can still be around in 2021. It’s one of the worst messengers I’ve ever used and it keeps failing me over and over again.
- takes forever to load.
- desktop sync with your phone is terrible. It doesn’t fully sync all of your messages or contacts.
- the most annoying thing is that you have to have your phone connected to the internet for you to use the desktop version. Lol. Really? And quite often your phone is connected to the same WiFi but the desktop app doesn’t see it.
So if your phone is lost or stolen there isn’t a way to connect with somebody through WhatsApp. It’s the only messenger which does it. Needless to say this is really irritating.
- messengers disappearing. I’ve had issues when I typed a message on a desktop, I sent it and then it just disappeared when I opened my phone. Gone forever!
- no ability to edit sent messages. You can’t figure it out yet, can you? So you type a long message to a client or a boss only to see typos and having no ability to fix it except for deleting the message (which will be very noticeable!) and sending it again.
If you’re still using WhatsApp you either have no respect for yourself or like me stuck with it because other people are force to use it. It feels like slavery.
If you’re looking for an alternative go for telegram. You will be shocked how far they have advanced.
Drains battery in passive mode :(
Totally drained my battery through the night while I was sleeping. I assume it’s because of me using desktop app as well and some kind of sync between two app versions. Getting notification in desktop app that my phone should be recharged feels like high level of sarcasm at this case btw. So just for your PMs info, as a user I don’t want WhatsApp to monitor and notify about my battery, my phone and the most of it I don’t want to see my phone at 10% charge in the morning just because I have it installed elsewhere. So simple pleasures like being reliable communication tool, please.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 172.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.