How do you prepare your child for common challenges we adults might take for granted? From starting school, to having a babysitter, appropriate party behaviour or letting you sleep in on a Sunday - our unique stories, games and visual scheduler offers you is a powerful tool like no other.
Join the fast-growing community of parents who use Courageous KidsTM to empower their children by developing their emotional intelligence. Developed in collaboration with a leading child psychologist and occupational therapist, our app helps familiarise children with upcoming situations by explaining expectations and social rules - allowing them the opportunity to reflect and process their feelings, and emotions, beforehand.
1. Discover our app - PERSONALISED STORIES
Discover a library of carefully crafted and beautifully illustrated social stories, that can be personalised to feature your child as the main character.
Our stories prepare children for common anxiety-provoking situations in a positive and engaging way. By entering the child’s name and age, and selecting an illustrated avatar to suit, your child becomes the main character in every story. Alternatively, you can replace our illustrations with your own photos! Story text can also be edited, if needed, for further customisation.
2. Discover our app - FUN GAMES
Silly or Sensible? Instead of telling your child “the rules” we adults don’t think twice about before going out, let them play our Silly or Sensible? game set in the environment of your outing. You can ask if they know the reasons for each of the rules and praise them for correct answers. It’s a light-hearted way of explaining social rules in advance. Fun sounds and gorgeous illustrations really set the scene!
3. Discover our app - VISUAL SCHEDULER TOOL
Enjoy a useful scheduling feature with colourful icons and a timer function. Organise and adjust your activity list with the easy drag and drop function. Clear and colourful icons make it easy to involve your child in planning their day and will allows them to see what’s next on the plan, helping them develop independence.
The scheduling feature also includes a list of “sensory breaks” that have been curated by a paediatric occupational therapist. These are quick physical breaks designed to let off steam before returning to other tasks.
Why Courageous Kids?
• A library of unique social stories
• Your child is the main character in every story
• Complete personalisation throughout, including names and illustrations of adults
• Beautifully illustrated story scenes
• Option to swap illustrations for own photos
• 10 illustrated child characters to choose from
• 10 illustrated adult characters to choose from
• New stories each month
• Fun games to teach social expectations
• All stories reviewed by a child psychologist.
• A scheduling tool with “movement break” ideas from an occupational therapist.
Update 'Im going to a birthday party' cover image, and make this a free story.
Update 'Baking with grandma' story to subscription only.
Text and usability changes.
Add info graphic to story loading.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Courageous Kids Pty Ltd
- 51.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Courageous Kids pty ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Arriving at my kinder USD 0.99
- I'm starting kinder! USD 0.99
- Prep is mostly like kinder USD 0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.