Tera Pro brings together all major sound synthesis methods on one table. No matter if you want to recreate sounds from analogue legends or explore modern digital sounds with FM, Waveshaping or Wavetable synthesis. Add some flavour of physical modelling and modules for additive synthesis. Combine them altogether for new sound experiences far beyond your wildest dreams.
Tame this overwhelming amount of possibilities with Tera Pros intelligent user interface showing you only exactly what you need, paired with realtime oscilloscopes and level indicators helping you seeing what’s going on. Connect the modules with a flexible routing method without the visual cluttering of real wire cables needed in conventional modular synthesisers
FAQ What does Tera Pro have that Tera Synth doesn't have ?
1) Additional Sound Modules
- Spectrum oscillator ( borrowed from the heart of Addictive Synth )
- Wave shaper / folder opens the west coast synthesis
- Vocal Morphing filter
- Waveguide with new "Swarm" mode ( 3 detuned delays )
2) Revised engine
- Analog Polysynth Voice Modelling with characteristic subtle voice variations of timbre, pitch and temporal behaviour to get you "The" Analog Sound.
- 128 vs 32 voices polyphony
- Seamless Sound Switching: change presets during play without cutting off the sound.
- 8 times unison for really heavy ambients
- Envelope generators with Buchla style "end of cycle" trigger for generative music
- Stack/Split Sounds
- New effect section
3) Redesigned User Interface
- Collapsible modules for clear view of modular structure
- No more nasty popups for LFOs/Envelope generators
- Realtime oscilloscopes added to selected modules
4) New Presets
- About 1000 additional presets in there. Tera never sounded this good...
Tera Pro Specifications
- 128 voice Modular polyphonic Synthesiser
- Mono/Dual/Split Voice Architecture
- Modules for analog and FM synthesis
- Modules for Spectral Synthesis and Additive Synthesis
- Karplus Strong Physical Modelling and Wave Shaping
- Classic Wavetable synthesis as In-App-Purchase
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)
- Vintage voice modelling for organic warm sound character
- 1800+ Factory presets included
- PDF Manual included
- Standalone, AUv3 and IAA compatible
- Ableton Link
- Bluetooth MIDI
- Dark mode adaption
- Copy/Paste timbre layer
- LFO waveforms "sharpened" for better wavetable scanning
Ratings and Reviews
Great synth - still some version questions
Tera is an all-time great app on this platform. Why the new version is “pro” - whatever that means - I don’t know.
You can do almost anything a synthesizer can do with this version of Tera (like the last), and sound fabulous in the process.
I am happy to pay again to support this developer, but I would like to see the IOS-PadOS file system, such as it is, better integrated in the app. Not only recordings but preset files should appear in the file system for easy backup.
I do miss the easy access we had in the prior Tera to configuring the LFOs, envelopes, and multisegment envelopes through the menu-bar Mod link. Please restore it - having all those settings in one place was actually helpful.
On the new additions, the spectral oscillator being made available on this platform is very welcome. It does need some indication of partial numbers and partial amplitude levels, however you want to format it. Without these details, the tool’s usability and uses both shrink.
Anyway, I’m happy Tera has received some new love. I hope the developer maximizes the already-ample set of interconnections among the components of the synth. Flexibility and resources for invention are the strengths of this instrument. Building on the formidable base of Tera, this already has the feel of another foundational release for PadOS.
Dark skin on every element?
This is going to seem petty maybe, but it would be really nice to have the dark theme/view available on all the screens? Looking at the App Store pics I saw the last in there were dark so figured there was a fully dark theme. Maybe wouldn’t have purchased had I known otherwise. It’s jarring late at night to go from dark on one UI screen then light etc. Takes me out of the moment.
That said, I love the sound this can make and with all the synthesis types. Cheers
I am a big fan of the original Tera. Tera Pro is even better in many respects but it has additional versatility and functionality that make it a little more cumbersome to use. Sound quality is great and it is very flexible I have only one serious gripe. The "keyhold" feature (acts like a sustain pedal on a switch) is buried in a menu. This makes it almost useless. Look at ANY synthesizer -hardware or software- and you will find the "hold" button is immediately accessible.
Please move the key hold feature to the main screen.
It is an important live-performace feature. Why anyone would bury that in the settings menu remains a mystery. Very awkward. For my purposes (live performance) this reduces Tera Pro to only 3 stars, mostly becasue it is just such a dumb mistake and it really does make it harder to use what should be a mindlessly simple but important feature. Fortunately this SHOULD be a very easy fix for the developer.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harry Gohs
- 497.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 VirSyn Software Synthesizer
- In-App Purchases
- Waves module $7.99