More than just an app, 10 Read 10 Said is a strategy to help you commit Scripture to memory. It's simple:
- Choose a verse you'd like to memorize
- Read the verse out loud 10 times while looking at the text
- Say the verse again out loud 10 times without looking
By focusing on repeated reading and speaking of the verses, you'll be empowered to retain what you practice for longer periods of time. The 10 Read 10 Said app facilitates the strategy by providing you with the following features:
- Counting! 10 Read 10 Said will keep track of how many times you've read (and said) the verse for each memorization session, allowing you to focus on memorizing, not counting.
- Save verses from any translation of the Bible by simply typing (or copy-pasting) the text of the verses you'd like to commit to memory.
- Track when you last reviewed the verses on your list so that you can re-visit older verses and keep them fresh on your mind and heart.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Best app for memorization
10 Read 10 Said is an amazingly effective tool for scripture memorization. As someone who has had difficulty memorizing Bible verses over the years, I have come to rely on this app as it helps me maintain my mental focus to commit verses to memory. It’s also very helpful to have this app because I don’t need to remember to take my memory verse pack with me.
Because I have found it so helpful, I recommend it to anyone who is serious about memorizing God’s word.
Some suggestions for future updates:
- Add the ability to import verses from an online source like Bible Gateway.
- Add support for screen rotation so the app can be used in horizontal orientation.
- Add the capability to synchronize verses and review history between devices. That way we can add it to one device and it propagates to others automatically.
- Add a tracking function to allow trends to be reviewed.
- Add the ability to share progress with friends within the app. This will allow users to share verses and encourage one another in their progress.
- Allow the creation of groups where teachers and disciplers can assign verses for memorization to groups they teach and lead.
*The* memorization app!
The best method for memorizing scripture, which I've used for years and which is advocated by John Piper and others, is now brought to us electronically!
The developer did an excellent job on the app, its look and functionality, and this product flows out of his own passion for and diligence in memorizing scripture. The memorization process could not be made easier.
I especially love how I can store in one place every passage or verse I plan to memorize.
Simple, Easy, Effective
This tool has changed my approach to memorizing Scripture. The strategy is simple and the app makes keeping track of the process so easy. Just downloaded the app and I have already memorized 4 verses. I have never achieved this kind of success using any other Scripture memorization method. Great resource!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Andrew Bancroft
- 17.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Andrew Bancroft
- In-App Purchases
- Memorizer Master $2.99
- Memorizer $0.99
- Memorizer Plus $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.