Effortlessly keep a digital record of your hours spent outside with the Official 1000 Hours Outside app. Easy timer functionality, just open the app and click to start the timer, then put the phone down and enjoy the outdoors! The app will track your time in the background so you don't have to think about it. See your history by the week, or check out how you're progressing monthly and YTD in the History tab. Share your progress on Facebook and Instagram when you unlock a new badge! You can even shop for swag in the 1KHO store.
Updated total time display in calendar view.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing
This app has completely made our 1KHO journey SO much easier! I love that I can set and stop the timer easily, edit time if I forget the timer, and that it keeps the running total for us. I keep the times updated on a paper chart, but this is 100% easier than what I was doing last year, which was recording the times on my phone, having to calculate what added up to an hour, and constantly trying to remember what time we left the house. My husband and son even join in by letting me know when to start and stop the timer. Thank you thank you!
Good but a little buggy
I like the app overall to keep track of our hours outside. My four biggest issues are:
1. The timer itself is buggy, I’ve gone to open the app and stop the timer after an hour or two outside and the timer will show as 00:00 with a start button and I will accidentally reflexively hit it with your realizing it hadn’t yet “updated” to our actual real time count. Sometimes it takes a full minute for the timer to refresh itself after it’s been running in the background a while
2. There’s no app widget available! This would be the perfect thing to add to my Lock Screen for instant access, sometimes I totally forget to start the timer on my phone but I believe a widget start/stop would make this whole thing way easier and enjoyable
3. When in the calendar view if I need to edit a single days time I expected to just click on the square for that day and be able to edit but you have to click on the little tiny clock button that comes up. I overall found a lot of navigating the app to be confusing.
4. I haven’t yet finished a full month of timing since it’s still January but other users have said that once a month is finished you aren’t shown a “month total” and would have to add up days manually to see how much time you spent outside during one particular month, if this is true this is VERY disappointing! I guess I will find out soon.
Not worth it
I am shocked that there are so many great reviews for this app. I like that you can track time for more than one person.. but in the calendar view and the “hours this week” view you can only see the hours for the “main account. You should be able to switch between which profile you want to view. You can’t even choose who the main account is. Also the last time I added hours it didn’t update in the individual profiles, so now I feel like I need to write down the hours we spend outside on a piece of paper because this isn’t accurate, defeating the purposes of this app. I also would have thought that on the timer tab that there would be timers for each individual profile. And with the announcement by Ginny for 2023 I would think that there would be a way to track miles walked, books read, and other goals. This app isn’t worth spending money on and it doesn’t live up to the needs. Hoping for lots of improvements soon.
Developer Response ,
Hi can you please email us at email@example.com? We’d love to assist you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Team Yurich LLC
- 112.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 1KHO 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Badge Set 2 $0.99
- PDF Journal Export $1.99