- AUTOMATED MATCHING - connect with professionals or students who match your criteria and share common interests, fields of study/industry, and more. Indicate if you have a preference of matching with a student from an underrepresented background.
- IN-APP CHAT - once matched, mentors and mentees seamlessly connect to get to know each other and coordinate schedules.
- GUIDED PATHS - relationships are supported by a series of guides on in-demand topics to keep conversations focused and impactful.
- SEASONS - keep the connections fresh and engaging. After every 4-month “Season”, mentors can take on new mentees, enabling individuals and companies to continue to build connections with potential candidates and keep mentors engaged with a diverse group of students. Mentors can also opt out of a Season to accommodate busy schedules.
- FREE - for both mentors and college student mentees!
The 100k Mentor Challenge aims to connect 100,000 college students from underrepresented backgrounds with 100,000 mentors by the end of the 2020-2021 academic year to help them overcome the loss of on-campus recruiting, professional networks, and internships/full time jobs.
College students are at serious risk of being left behind.
In the wake of these difficult times, on-campus events have been canceled and many internships and job offers have been rescinded. These cuts hit students from underrepresented backgrounds especially hard because they rely on these opportunities to build their networks and secure their first jobs since they often do not have personal or family connections to fall back on. We realized that if we do not step up to help, millions of college students will experience unemployment or underemployment and they will struggle to reach their potential for years to come.
We risk a lost generation just when the efforts in higher education to establish a more diverse student body have started to bear fruit. We are committed to making sure students don’t have to face this threat alone.
We asked and students answered. Students said they need mentors for career advice, guidance, and encouragement to help navigate the loss of on-campus resources, networks, and job opportunities.
At the same time we realized companies, like yours, have people who want to make a positive social impact and who have the professional insights students need. So, together in partnership with college students from over a dozen universities, we launched the 100k Mentor Challenge movement to connect college students from underrepresented backgrounds with mentors.
Join the movement. Be a force for positive social change. Create new pipelines of opportunity. Be the individual and company that translates words into action by committing to supporting underrepresented college students. We urge individuals and entire organizations to join the movement to help make sure students are not left behind. By pledging, companies commit to:
- REMOVING BARRIERS - by adopting new thinking around how to engage and build relationships with underrepresented groups and how to help these students join the organization.
- DEFINING SUCCESS - and the desired impact for their organization.
- ENGAGING COMMUNITY - by sharing their commitment to the next generation through posts and videos on social media and encouraging their employees/corporate leaders to register.
- MEETING STUDENTS WHERE THEY ARE - and taking a mobile first approach to offer help where it is needed most through the app which eliminates the limitations of local proximity and physical interactions.
- CLOSING THE GAP - by helping underrepresented students reach their full potential.
More bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.