SafePass is the official COVID-19 contact tracing app for San Joaquin County. It was developed in partnership with Citizen, an essential public safety app in the US, and San Joaquin County Health Care Services to help people know if they’ve been exposed to COVID-19.
With SafePass, you, your friends, and your family can be alerted if SafePass determines you may have been exposed to COVID, order at-home tests, and share health updates so you can make an informed decision on how to better protect yourself from COVID-19, in accordance with local health office orders and protocols.
Use Pods to organize essential gatherings with shared prerequisites like COVID testing, symptom tracking, and Bluetooth contact tracing.
• Create Pods with the people who matter most. You can check in on each other’s COVID-19 testing and health status so you can make an informed decision on how to protect your friends and family from COVID-19.
• Have peace of mind around coworkers if you’re already back at your workplace or trying to figure out a strategy for returning to the office..
• As schools and universities reopen, help classes or study groups meet in person more safely.
• Responsibly organize playdates with other families.
• Enable Bluetooth contact tracing to get notified if you were near a SafePass user also using Bluetooth contact tracing who tests positive for COVID-19.
We keep your information safe.
• All contact tracing data is encrypted, and deleted after 30 days.
• No one profits from your contact tracing data.
• Only people in the Pods you're a part of will be able to see information about you.
• You can disable contact tracing at any time.
Please see CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines for the latest information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
It's easier to remind your Pod to join. Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We've also fixed a number of bugs and improved the overall product experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hello I like the app it’s very useful during this pandemic the problem I don’t is that I have to leave the app open in background I have a habit of closing all apps I’ve been in.i would like to leave an suggestion I believe everyone was like and that’s if you guys can make it that the app will work even if the app is closed from background thank you for your time and hope my suggestion will be put into consideration.
Good Idea, Poor Implementation
This app is largely useless if not enough people are using it. Currently, there’s just over 1.1M people using it. Sounds like a lot, but there’s well over 200M adults in America.
On a more specific note, the feature to report test results is clunky, requiring the user to submit a screenshot of their results which includes their name. Here in Los Angeles at least, the results we get from the tests we can take offered to residents of LA County do not include our names in the results we get back, presumably for privacy reasons. Anyway, it makes the test results reporting feature unusable.
Nice idea, but without more widespread adoption, and a better way to report test results, it’s mostly useless.
Great idea to help with contact tracing
I notice someone said it doesn't work when your phone is asleep. Of course not, But it WILL be on as soon as you open it back up for the day, which will let you know if you were in contact with anyone with Covid. It’s a great idea to have this app, and on, until this virus is completely under control. Even if we keep the app temporarily until then.
Thank you Mayor, Dr Ferrer, and Supervisor Kathryn Barger!
- sp0n, Inc.
- 57.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.