The 17BII-Pro calculator is, in simple words, the most advanced and easy to use calculator available for iOS devices.
It is a modified simulation of the HP-17BII calculators by Hewlett-Packard that works in the same way, but with an extensive set of menus and enhancements to cover most of the functions generally needed by financial, business, mathematical, engineering and scientific professionals.
Financial Menu (FIN):
- TVM: Time Value of Money problems for loans, amortization schedules, mortgages, etc.
- ICNV: Interest conversion between effective and nominal rates with continuous or periodic compounding.
- CFLO: Cash Flows Calculations. NPV, i%, IRR%, NFV, MIRR, NUS, etc. over cash flows series.
- BOND: Price & Yield: with Annual or Semiannual coupons and Actual or 30/360 calendars.
- DEPRC: Depreciation calculations with DB, SOYD or SL methods and depreciation schedules.
- BSCH: Black-Scholes OVM: Calculates “Call” & “Put” options prices of European Options.
Business Menu (BUS):
- %∆,%T: Percent Change and percent total calculations.
- MRG%: Mark-Up over cost or price calculations.
- BRKEV: Break-even calculations.
- TIP%: Calculates tips over a bill and split the total amount over participants.
- CURRX: Currency Exchange. All world currencies with actual rates from google finance.
- UNITS: Units Conversion: powerful and completely customizable physical units conversion.
Statistics Menu (SUM):
- Data list entry and full screen editor.
- One variable statistics over a data-list.
- Two variables statistics between two selected data lists.
- Curve fitting with six regression models.
Date & Time Menu:
- Days between dates calculations.
- Time difference calculations.
- Numeric alterations functions.
- Logarithm functions.
- Trigonometric functions.
- Hyperbolic functions.
- Angles and Rectangular-Polar conversions.
- Probability distributions (Normal, t-Student, Exponential & Weibull).
Solver Menu (SOLV):
- Equation Solver calculations to solve for any variable given the others.
- Fullscreen equation editor to create, edit and sort variables.
Scientific Menu (SCI):
- Complex Numbers: operations and functions with complex numbers.
- Curve Fitting: six regression models to fit a curve over a two selected data lists.
- Probability: cumulative and density calculations for Normal, t-Student, Exponential and Weibull distributions.
- Triangle solution to solve ASA, SAS, SSA and SSS of a plane triangle.
- Spherical Triangle to solve for AAA, AAS, ASA, SAS, SSA and SSS of a triangle in a sphere surface.
- Units Conversion: powerful and completely customizable physical units conversion.
- Universal Constants from NIST-CODATA to use in calculations.
- Vectors 3D: operations and functions with 3D vectors.
Conversions Menu (CONV): All conversions in one place.
- Angles & Polar
- Currency Exchange
- Interest Conversion
- Units Conversion.
- General Settings: sets all the calculator’s preferences.
- Memory Content: shows all memory content with backup and restore.
- Clear Registers: clears all storage registers.
- Data List Editor: shows data list editor.
- Help Documents: quick help cards with examples for all menus.
iPhone or iPad with iOS 13.0 or above.
THIS IS NOT A HEWLETT-PACKARD CALCULATOR, AND IS NOT SPONSORED IN ANYWAY BY HEWLETT-PACKARD OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES.
Fix an issue with iOS 14 where SOLVER calculation buttons didn't respond to touches.
Ratings and Reviews
Simply the Best Financial Calculator (and more)
I just found this marvelous emulation if my beloved HP17BII+ and it's better -- much better-- than the real one! For those who are unfamiliar, the greatest feature of The HP17 Is the ability to write equations and have the calculator solve for any single missing variable. You can store tons of equations and they are much easier to type on the iPhone keyboard. I use it for many specialty functions in my manufacturing business including pricing of complicated custom made items. The HP17 is far superior to the HP12C (though it doesn't have the nifty key layout) and this version is far superior to the real thing. I use it several times an hour all day every day. Thank You for this!
Most configurable calc out there
This app has a number of great standard functions (Time Value of Money, etc) but the Solver emulation is what sold me, and what I used extensively back when I had the HP hardware. Simply create your own equation with your variables, enter your variables and values and it will solve for the one value that is missing! And you can save as many of your own formulas as you like. I used it for figuring weights or lengths on roll goods but you can adapt it your own needs/profession. One of the most user-friendly calc apps imo.
Amazing! Runs perfectly on an iPhone 7+
The app has not been updated in a few years so I was hesitant to drop $5 on it, but I did and I am glad I did. This app runs perfectly on an iPhone 7+. I will add that it is not adapted to the 4.7" and 5.5" screen sizes. That isn't a huge deal but for those who care, I give you that information. The app starts up quickly, so the review from 2014 about slow start times is not an issue on newer equipment.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ricardo Lira Matte
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Ricardo Lira Matte
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.