FOR PROFESSIONAL-LOOKING MUSIC CHARTS, 1CHART IS ALL YOU NEED
Create, share and print easy-to-read music charts with the only app that gives you all the power of the Nashville Number System, while also offering the flexibility of switching to letter-format chords whenever you like.
At the core, 1Chart is built around the Number System and all its shorthand flexibility for charting music. But why stop there?
1Chart v2.0 is also built for those who prefer to read letter chords rather than number chords. “Am F C” or “6m 4 1”? The choice is yours. Now anyone who prefers letter chords can enjoy the Number System's concise charting advantages — without needing to read numbers.
Have a chart using letter chords and want to change keys? No problem. Select a new key, and your letter-format chart is updated to reflect the change.
CHART FASTER AND SMARTER
- Clear typography makes your charts easier to read
- Copy/paste measures or sections for faster charting
- View charts in your choice of three font sizes
- Share charts and notebooks as PDFs or editable 1Chart files
QUICKLY TYPE CHORDS
- Support for chord inversions, as well as common and not-so-common chord qualities ("alt" chord, anyone?)
- For Numbers fans: Accidentals before or after chord numbers? 1Chart accommodates both preferences.
SUPPORT FOR RHYTHMIC NOTATION & DYNAMICS
- Add as much rhythm/dynamic detail as you need. 1Chart includes characters for pushes, diamonds, the "mute triangle," etc., as well as the traditional notes and rests used in the Number System.
- Use traditional notation or "hash marks" to specify beat distribution in split measures
- Mark an area with a crescendo, decrescendo, ritardando or accelerando
ADVANCED RHYTHMIC NOTATION
- Beam notes above a single chord (e.g. to show an 8th-note feel) or across multiple chords (to show groove or beat distribution)
- Tie notes and diamonds
TOOLS TO BUILD YOUR ARRANGEMENT
- Use repeat symbols, codas, segnos, etc.
- Select an area to specify 1st/2nd/etc. endings
- Separate sections with a single- or double-underline, or specify no formatting
FINE-TUNE YOUR FORMAT
- Option to align measures horizontally (4–8 measures per line)
- Style inversions with a horizontal or diagonal dividing line
- Choose "Minimize Horizontal Spacing" to fit more content per line
ALL YOUR CHARTS, ALL IN ONE PLACE
- Use Notebooks to gather your charts in easy-to-manage collections (to mirror a set list, for ex.)
- Share charts by email
- Import from and export to cloud services such as iCloud Drive, Dropbox, etc. Imported files must be in 1Chart (.1ch) format.
- “Lock” your charts to prevent unintended edits
- Swipe left/right to access next/previous chart
- Provides access to Dark Mode (inverted colors) and Stay-Awake Mode (prevents screen dimming)
ONLINE SUPPORT & USER FORUM
Visit 1chartapp.com for help and to join the user community.
ABOUT THE NASHVILLE NUMBER SYSTEM
Nashville Numbers is an ingenious shorthand system for charting music that identifies chords by number (relating to scale degree) rather than letter, so charts are key-independent. A Number chart is valid no matter what key you choose to play it in.
Take a progression spelled with the chord letters, A, D, and E. In Numbers, these chords are written as “1, 4, 5,” matching their position in the A scale: A is first, D is fourth, and E is fifth.
Because scale relationships don't change when you change keys, “1, 4, 5” works in any key. Change the key to G, and “1, 4, 5” indicates you’ll want to play G, C and D — the first, fourth, and fifth notes of the G major scale.
Combine this flexibility with rhythmic and dynamic notation, and you’ve got a powerful format for creating concise roadmaps of songs for use when rehearsing or performing.
1Chart v2.0 introduces the option of showing chords in letter format, giving you the best of both worlds. You can easily toggle between number chords and letter chords at any time in any chart you create.
Ratings and Reviews
Have an option for Roman numerals please
Five stars if Roman numerals are available. The number system is just too foreign to many musicians.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! We’ll look into adding a Roman numeral option in a future release — can certainly see how this would be useful. Also, for those reading who don’t like seeing *any* kind of numbers (Roman or Arabic) in a chord chart, 1Chart does support using letters to spell chords (e.g. Am instead of 3m). Thanks again for the feature request, Baerz!
The best tool for session musician
This app is easily the most powerful tool I’ve put on my iPad. Recording sessions go so much faster and changes can be made clearly and easily. They included everything including options since especially for Nashville Number System some people prefer different formatting. I’ve gotten at least 2 other session guys if not more to buy iPads because of this app alone.
Developer Response ,
Great to hear 1Chart is helping out! Thanks for the review.
1chart has supercharged my workflow!
Excelent tool. Makes it easy to create chord charts quickly with more professional results. Makes transposing chord charts effortless. Charts are easily grouped into Note books and can be quickly exported as pdf files. Its a fabulous app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! We're very pleased to hear you're enjoying the app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.