FOR PROFESSIONAL-LOOKING MUSIC CHARTS, 1CHART IS ALL YOU NEED
Create, share and print easy-to-read music charts with the only app that gives you all the power of the Nashville Number System, while also offering the flexibility of switching to letter-format chords whenever you like.
At the core, 1Chart is built around the Number System and all its shorthand flexibility for charting music. But why stop there?
1Chart is also built for those who prefer to read letter chords rather than number chords. “Am F C” or “6m 4 1”? The choice is yours. Now anyone who prefers letter chords can enjoy the Number System's concise charting advantages — without needing to read numbers.
Have a chart using letter chords and want to change keys? No problem. Select a new key, and your letter-format chart is updated to reflect the change.
CHART FASTER AND SMARTER
- Clear typography makes your charts easier to read
- Copy/paste measures or sections for faster charting
- View charts in your choice of three font sizes
- Share charts and notebooks as PDFs or editable 1Chart files
QUICKLY TYPE CHORDS
- Support for chord inversions, as well as common and not-so-common chord qualities ("alt" chord, anyone?)
- For Numbers fans: Accidentals before or after chord numbers? 1Chart accommodates both preferences.
SUPPORT FOR RHYTHMIC NOTATION & DYNAMICS
- Add as much rhythm/dynamic detail as you need. 1Chart includes characters for pushes, diamonds, the "mute triangle," etc., as well as the traditional notes and rests used in the Number System.
- Use traditional notation or "hash marks" to specify beat distribution in split measures
- Mark an area with a crescendo, decrescendo, ritardando or accelerando
ADVANCED RHYTHMIC NOTATION
- Beam notes above a single chord (e.g. to show an 8th-note feel) or across multiple chords (to show groove or beat distribution)
- Tie notes and diamonds
TOOLS TO BUILD YOUR ARRANGEMENT
- Use repeat symbols, codas, segnos, etc.
- Select an area to specify 1st/2nd/etc. endings
- Separate sections with a single- or double-underline, or specify no formatting
FINE-TUNE YOUR FORMAT
- Option to align measures horizontally (4–8 measures per line)
- Style inversions with a horizontal or diagonal dividing line
- Choose "Minimize Horizontal Spacing" to fit more content per line
ORGANIZE AND SHARE YOUR CHARTS
- Use Notebooks to gather your charts in easy-to-manage collections (to mirror a set list, for ex.)
- Share charts and notebooks by email
- Import from and export to cloud services such as iCloud Drive, Dropbox, etc. Imported files must be in 1Chart (.1ch) format.
- “Lock” your charts to prevent unintended edits
- Swipe left/right to access next/previous chart
ONLINE SUPPORT & USER FORUM
Visit 1chartapp.com for help and to join the user community.
ABOUT THE NASHVILLE NUMBER SYSTEM
Nashville Numbers is an ingenious shorthand system for charting music that identifies chords by number (relating to scale degree) rather than letter, so charts are key-independent. A Number chart is valid no matter what key you choose to play it in.
Take a progression spelled with the chord letters, A, D, and E. In Numbers, these chords are written as “1, 4, 5,” matching their position in the A scale: A is first, D is fourth, and E is fifth.
Because scale relationships don't change when you change keys, “1, 4, 5” works in any key. Change the key to G, and “1, 4, 5” indicates you’ll want to play G, C and D — the first, fourth, and fifth notes of the G major scale.
Combine this flexibility with rhythmic and dynamic notation, and you’ve got a powerful format for creating concise roadmaps of songs for use when rehearsing or performing.
1Chart includes the option of showing chords in number or letter format, giving you the best of both worlds. You can easily toggle between number chords and letter chords at any time in any chart you create.
Bug fixes and performance improvements (to make charting easier than ever!).
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this app to be able to write Nashville charts, as it was recommended to me as a friend. I am totally blind, and I use the built in screen reader on the IPad Voiceover. There are some things that I can access with the screen reader beautifully within the app, but other things such as some text edit boxes which are not labeled and also there are some unlabeled buttons in the app where Voiceover just says button. I feel this app could be very useable for a blind musician, and having complete access to this app would greatly help me in my job as a worship pastor. The app is almost there as far as accessibility, but there are a few things that I would need access to as a voiceover user to completely be able to use the app at its fullest. I would love to be able to talk to someone from the development team so that I can demo for them what is accessible and what would need to be made accessible. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could interact with this app at all with voiceover and I would love to be able to add this app to my toolbox. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this review.
Developer Response ,
Hello, bshowerton! Thanks for the review, and for sharing your experience with accessibility in 1Chart. We are certainly interested to hear your input on how we can improve things. We've received your email to support and will be in touch via that channel. Thanks again!
This app is great! One thing I can’t figure out is how to put an accidental on the bottom number in a slash chord. Like if I wanted 1m/3b.... the b always ends up on the top chord. Am I doing something incorrectly? If this is not possible, please look into making it possible for a future update. That is the only thing preventing this app from being perfect for me. Thanks y’all!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! Great to hear you're enjoying the app. To place accidentals after chords throughout any chart, you can go to Chart Settings (the gear icon) and select "3b" for the Accidentals Format. That will give you the 1m/3b format you're looking for — simply type the chord in that sequence. Feel free to give us a shout via the contact form at the 1Chart website if you ever have any other questions. Thanks again!
The best tool for session musician
This app is easily the most powerful tool I’ve put on my iPad. Recording sessions go so much faster and changes can be made clearly and easily. They included everything including options since especially for Nashville Number System some people prefer different formatting. I’ve gotten at least 2 other session guys if not more to buy iPads because of this app alone.
Developer Response ,
Great to hear 1Chart is helping out! Thanks for the review.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- RooKanga Digital LLC
- 57.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Rookanga Digital, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.