Pick the right version of Master Electrician Reference: We have 2011, 2014, and 2017 corresponding to the National Electrical Code (NEC) code years. This is for 2014.
Master Electrician Reference (or MER for short) 2014 is your electronic pocket electrician reference guide.
MER is for electrical designers, engineers, installers, contractors, facility managers, inspectors, exam candidates, apprentices, electricians, journeymen, architects, and technicians. MER is for people doing residential, industrial, and commercial work. Simply, if you are a Master Sparky or work with electricity in any way, this reference guide is for you!
Have you ever lost pages or had damaged pages in your pocket electricians reference? The solution is here: Use MER to keep the most important information easily accessible on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. MER will even do calculations for you; something your old pocket reference book can't do.
MER is divided into the following sections:
* Simple Circuits
- Ohm's law, series and parallel circuits, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and reactance.
* Distributed Systems
- Distribution wiring diagrams for 120, 208, 277, and 480 volts, color codes, breaker sizes, light switches and bells diagrams.
* Electrical Formulas
- Formulas for kVA, kW, and HP.
* Color Codes
- Color codes for capacitors and resistors.
* Motors and Wiring
- Standard motor and motor starter sizes, tables of full-load currents, locked-rotor information, overload units, OCPD, nameplate information, synchronous motor speeds, three-phase STAR and DELTA diagrams, three-wire start-stop diagram, motor frame dimensions, and motor enclosure types.
- KVA ratings for single- and three-phase current, transformer formulas.
* Conductor Properties
- Conductor tables, AWG and metric wire sizes, twist-on pressure connectors, and wire combinations.
- Ampacities in raceway, cable, earth, and free air, and derating tables.
* Conduit Fill table
* Grounding Sizes
- Equipment grounding conductor (EGC) and grounding electrode conductor (GEC).
* Metal Boxes
- Images and sizes of metal boxes, junction / device boxes, junction / pull boxes.
* Voltage Drop calculations
* Dictionary of electrician terms
* Insulation Charts
- Table of cable and wire types
* Electrical Symbols
- Plugs and wiring diagrams, enclosure types, standard underground boxes, standard fuse and breaker sizes, standard pull box / junction sizes, standard gutter and wire-ways, standard switchboards, standard busway, standard busbar ampacity, standard panelboard sizes, and standard disconnect sizes.
* Math and Conversions
- Formulas for algebra, geometry, fractions, temperature conversion, trig tables, unit conversions, metric prefixes, and conversions between inches and millimeters.
* Conduit Bending
- Includes the guide "The Master Bender Way" on how to bend conduit. See the Master Bender app or MasterBender.com website for more information.
* Conduit Weights
* Copper Wire Cost
* Hole Saw Sizes
* Material Raceway Support
- Fluorescent, high-intensity discharge, incandescent, LED, and low-pressure sodium.
* Standard Tool List
- Lugs, bolts, and screws, tightening torque.
* Dry, Damp, and Wet Locations
* Hazardous Locations
* Wiring Methods
- Lock-out / tag-out (LOTO), and a safety manual and first aid.
Most pages contain a general scientific calculator. It is expression based: Just enter an expression and evaluate it. It understands trig and power functions, can convert between radians and degrees, and has built-in basic constants like pi and e.
MER includes key NEC tables from the National Electrical Code (NEC) 2014.
We also have MER apps available for NEC 2011 and 2017 code years.
Visit our website at MasterSparky.com for more information.
► We have fixed some bugs.
► We have updated the NEC Adoption Notice map to show how 2017 NEC is gaining momentum.
► You can now have ten different tool lists.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Need more sample photo
Not bad for the beginner to review, and look for information in urgent. Of cause there are more and more you can search on google. Good source, but need more explanation and photos for easier understanding.
New to the app, looks like a lot of useful tools
Im a master electrician in NJ. I use this app all the time for quick reference.
The developer, PawEng, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PawEng, LLC
- 38.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 - 2018 PawEng, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.