Master Electrician Reference (or MER for short) 2017 is your electronic pocket electrician reference guide.
MER is for electrical designers, engineers, installers, contractors, facility managers, inspectors, exam candidates, apprentices, electricians, journeymen, architects, and technicians. MER is for people doing residential, industrial, and commercial work. Simply, if you are a Master Sparky or work with electricity in any way, this reference guide is for you!
Have you ever lost pages or had damaged pages in your pocket electricians reference? The solution is here: Use MER to keep the most important information easily accessible on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. MER will even do calculations for you; something your old pocket reference book can't do.
MER is divided into the following sections:
* Simple Circuits
- Ohm's law, series and parallel circuits, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and reactance.
* Distributed Systems
- Distribution wiring diagrams for 120, 208, 277, and 480 volts, color codes, breaker sizes, light switches and bells diagrams.
* Electrical Formulas
- Formulas for kVA, kW, and HP.
* Color Codes
- Color codes for capacitors and resistors.
* Motors and Wiring
- Standard motor and motor starter sizes, tables of full-load currents, locked-rotor information, overload units, OCPD, nameplate information, synchronous motor speeds, three-phase STAR and DELTA diagrams, three-wire start-stop diagram, motor frame dimensions, and motor enclosure types.
- KVA ratings for single- and three-phase current, transformer formulas.
* Conductor Properties
- Conductor tables, AWG and metric wire sizes, twist-on pressure connectors, and wire combinations.
- Ampacities in raceway, cable, earth, and free air, and derating tables.
* Conduit Fill table
* Grounding Sizes
- Equipment grounding conductor (EGC) and grounding electrode conductor (GEC).
* Metal Boxes
- Images and sizes of metal boxes, junction / device boxes, junction / pull boxes.
* Voltage Drop calculations
* Dictionary of electrician terms
* Insulation Charts
- Table of cable and wire types
* Electrical Symbols
- Plugs and wiring diagrams, enclosure types, standard underground boxes, standard fuse and breaker sizes, standard pull box / junction sizes, standard gutter and wire-ways, standard switchboards, standard busway, standard busbar ampacity, standard panelboard sizes, and standard disconnect sizes.
* Math and Conversions
- Formulas for algebra, geometry, fractions, temperature conversion, trig tables, unit conversions, metric prefixes, and conversions between inches and millimeters.
* Conduit Bending
- Includes the guide "The Master Bender Way" on how to bend conduit. See the Master Bender app or MasterBender.com website for more information.
* Conduit Weights
* Copper Wire Cost
* Hole Saw Sizes
* Material Raceway Support
- Fluorescent, high-intensity discharge, incandescent, LED, and low-pressure sodium.
* Standard Tool List
- Lugs, bolts, and screws, tightening torque.
* Dry, Damp, and Wet Locations
* Hazardous Locations
* Wiring Methods
- Lock-out / tag-out (LOTO), and a safety manual and first aid.
Most pages contain a general scientific calculator. It is expression based: Just enter an expression and evaluate it. It understands trig and power functions, can convert between radians and degrees, and has built-in basic constants like pi and e.
MER includes key NEC tables from the National Electrical Code (NEC) 2017.
We also have MER apps available for NEC 2011 and NEC 2014 code years.
Visit our website at MasterSparky.com for more information.
Try our new search feature. It is now easier than ever to find what you are looking for.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Electrical Reference App!!
This is probably the best overall app for electrical references for any on the job Electrician, Engineer, Mechanic, etc that there is out there. If you need any information as it pertains to the electrical world this is the ONLY app to have on your smartphone. It gives you concise information in an East to read and we'll laid out format that's easy to find and reference. I highly recommond it to any person working in the electrical field.
I have the Ugly's app but this is better...less money.
More up-to-date information, NEMA tables, tool list, and special calcs.
Not what I expected
I can’t totally blame the developers, but the paid version of this app is totally not worth the extra $9.99 I paid as opposed to the light version. There really isn’t much more than what i saw on the 2011 light version vs. this that warrants the price. I thought the “what’s new for 2017 “ would be a interactive theme as opposed to just pointing out the updated articles. Just 1 example of my disappointment . But as I stated I could’ve and should’ve done more research, not all the developers fault.
- PawEng, LLC
- 30.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 - 2019 PawEng, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.