If you're self-employed, you've probably been encouraged to set aside 30% of each paycheck in taxes. Often this is much higher than is required and is money you could better spend on investments or you own personal life.
Knowing how much to save doesn't have to be a shot in the dark, and you shouldn't have to spend hours filling out the 1040-ES, running numbers, and hoping you didn't make a mistake.
Catered towards self employed individuals, this tax app allows you to estimate federal taxes for each quarter and see a paycheck to paycheck amount to save for tax payments in a much more accurate amount than 30%.
It would be a nice feeling to get to the end of the year and realize you didn't overpay a large portion and have to wait for a refund or underpay and owe a penalty.
- Estimates quarterly taxes.
- Works with a combination of wages and business income
- Projects income for the year and makes intelligent guesses at your predicted income and taxes for the year. Helps you plan how much to save to meet those payments.
- Setup your tax profile for more accurate taxes
- Obamacare Premium tax credit net or excess usage
- Obamacare Individual Mandate Penalty Calculation
It also includes some adjustments to income:
- Educator Expenses
- Self Employed Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Student Loan Interest
Most popular non-refundable and refundable credits are also included:
- Credit for child and dependent care expenses
- Credit for the elderly or the disabled
- Education credits
- Retirement contributions credit
- Alternative motor vehicle credit
- Plugin electric drive vehicle credit
- Child tax credit
- Mortgage interest credit
- Adoption credit
- District of Columbia first-time homebuyer credit
- Residential energy credit
This app contains in-app auto-renewable subscriptions:
• Product: Expenses
• Each subscription lasts a month. During this period, you will be able to add and categorize unlimited expenses that will reduce your estimated taxes.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Privacy: Worried about your financial privacy? No servers are involved in using this app meaning only you have access to your data. All information exists solely on your device. If you uninstall the app or your phone gets erased so does your data (although you can make a backup).
Disclaimer: Estimates U.S.A federal taxes only. Do not use this app as your only method to determine taxes. It provides no liability or warrantee of any kind. The app gives you a general estimate, exact numbers will depend on your particular situation.
Fixes bug that prevented users from adding 2018 dates to paychecks and expenses after 2019.
We recommend you make a backup of your data before installing this update. Profile > Download and upload Backup > Download Backup File
Ratings and Reviews
- Jon Paul Miles
- 6.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Jon Paul Miles
- In-App Purchases
- Expenses upgrade $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.