Play 2020 or Bust, the Game of the Century – End the Climate Crisis
This is your chance to be a hero! Climate change is the biggest challenge we’ve ever faced, and currently, we’re NOT on track for ending the crisis before it’s too late. But together, human beings CAN close the gap between where we are headed and where we need to be to end the crisis in time. And we CAN have fun doing it!
By playing 2020 or Bust The Game of the Century, you will help reduce global emissions, the key to winning the game. You join a global community of people who have committed to end the climate crisis. To do that, we need to reduce annual global carbon emissions by 8 gigatons by 2020. Playing this game, you take actions that impact your own carbon footprint and with that, the global footprint.
Committing to these activities plugs you into the global game. You’ll see your progress and our global progress collectively tracked on your dashboard. And coming soon, you will able to get notifications and reminders, track the impact of your actions, and get news and updates about our global game.
Features of 2020 or Bust: The Game of the Century
- Play daily - lots of simple, quick actions you can take to end the climate crisis
- Watch an introductory video narrated by Robin Quivers of The Howard Stern Show, watch a more detailed video that explains the science.
- A long, always changing, list of actions you can take on a daily basis. Play every day and your points go up. Keep playing and your points get multiplied. When you keep playing, your personal avatar gets healthier and healthier.
- Drill down to choose the specific actions you will take each day as you reduce carbon.
- Memes you can use to share the game with your friends. Share your accomplishments and encourage your friends to get in the game.
- See the collective commitment and number of people participating.
- Watch over time as the game expands to include more and more players.
- Coming Soon… Earn points and compete with others for prizes and rewards.
- Coming Soon… For teams! Engage with people in your community who are also playing the game.
- Coming Soon… Get localized information about opportunities for action.
- Coming Soon… Find organizations and groups to participate with.
- Coming Soon… Learn about and take local action on issues of environmental justice.
- Coming Soon... Opportunities for local and global businesses to offer actions and promotions to players.
Connect with Us Online:
New "Don't let the planet get hotter than you meme", works with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Email.
Lots of fixes and improvements for meme sharing.
New hash tags for meme sharing to Maximize the community connections when you share 2020 or Bust actions.
Images are automatically attached when sharing memes in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Email.
This happens either directly (when the social services allows images directly) or via a special URL set up for your personalised images.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally an app to end climate change! Get on board!
I like the concept, and I can see some fixes:
1. How does one get back to the game if you're on one of the bottom icons? So not obvious (home button perhaps)
2. "choose your avatar" is confusing. I thought it was something to add on your profile, but it isn't. What's the purpose?
3. Actions- do they change daily? I thought it would be actions for each day you log in. Instead when you select one, the wording is such as if you've done it. I would suggest it as a "goal" for ea day. Select it, then come back that day to admit/track if you actually did it!
Exactly what the world needs. Individuals empowered to do what governments are not doing
- SO YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD INC.
- 107.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, So You Want To Change The World, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.