This is your chance to be a hero! Climate change is the biggest challenge we’ve ever faced, and currently, we’re not on track for ending the crisis before it’s too late. But together, human beings CAN close the gap between where we are headed and where we need to be to end the crisis in time. And we CAN have fun doing it!
By playing 2020 or Bust The Game of the Century, you will help reduce global emissions, the key to winning the game. You join a global community of people who have committed to end the climate crisis. To do that, we need to reduce annual global carbon emissions by 8 gigatons by 2020. Playing this game, you take actions that impact your own carbon footprint and with that, the global footprint.
Committing to these activities plugs you into the global game. You’ll see your progress and our global progress collectively tracked on your dashboard. And coming soon, you will able to get notifications and reminders, track the impact of your actions, and get news and updates about our global game.
Features of 2020 or Bust: The Game of the Century
- Watch an introductory video narrated by Robin Quivers of The Howard Stern Show
- Swipe right to choose the actions areas you will personally address.
- Drill down to choose the specific actions you will take to reduce carbon.
- See how much carbon you can reduce by taking those actions.
- See the collective commitment and number of people participating.
- Watch over time as the game expands to include more and more players.
- Coming Soon… Get push notifications to support you in the actions you promised.
- Coming Soon… Daily action tracking through text response or through the app.
- Coming Soon… Earn points and compete with others for prizes and rewards.
- Coming Soon… Engage with people in your community who are also playing the game.
- Coming Soon… Get localized information about opportunities for action.
- Coming Soon… Find organizations and groups to participate with.
- Coming Soon… Learn about and take local action on issues of environmental justice.
Connect with Us Online:
Fixing player count in progress bar, ios tabs and popup fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally an app to end climate change! Get on board!
I like the concept, and I can see some fixes:
1. How does one get back to the game if you're on one of the bottom icons? So not obvious (home button perhaps)
2. "choose your avatar" is confusing. I thought it was something to add on your profile, but it isn't. What's the purpose?
3. Actions- do they change daily? I thought it would be actions for each day you log in. Instead when you select one, the wording is such as if you've done it. I would suggest it as a "goal" for ea day. Select it, then come back that day to admit/track if you actually did it!
This app is great
I love to recycle!
- SO YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD INC.
- 101.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018, So You Want To Change The World, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.