Explore your DNA with 23andMe. Discover how your DNA connects you to 1500+ geographic regions around the world. Gain insights into your health, traits, and more.
• Ancestry + Traits Service includes Ancestry Composition — covering 1500+ geographic regions — and 30+ Trait reports such as Ability to Match Musical Pitch, Cilantro Taste Aversion, and more.
• DNA Relative Finder allows you to opt-in to connect with other 23andMe customers who share your DNA and ancestors.
• Your Family Tree, automatically built from your DNA relationships, allows you to easily visualize how you’re all related.
• Health + Ancestry Service includes everything in Ancestry + Traits Service plus 60+ additional genetic reports such as Genetic Weight, Muscle Composition, and more.*
Both Services require purchasing a kit and submitting a saliva sample using the collection kit provided. You can log into your account to track the progress of your sample. Once you get your results, open your app to view all your reports.
In the app, you can also choose to answer survey questions and participate in 23andMe research.
Our rigorous standards ensure quality service.
• Our team of scientists and medical experts uses a robust process to develop reports and ensure validity.
• Ancestry percentages are derived from our powerful, well-tested system that provides you with ancestry estimates down to the 0.1%.
*Health + Ancestry Service is available in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, and Sweden.
Terms of service
UK, IE, FI, DK, SE, NL (https://www.23andme.com/en-eu/about/tos/)
All other countries (https://www.23andme.com/en-int/about/tos/)
• We’ve expanded the number of regions covered worldwide to 1,500, and now offer a more granular breakdown of Ancestry Composition results for customers with Central Asian, South Asian, western Asian, and North African ancestry.
• We launched Family Tree — your genetic family tree built automatically by an algorithm that predicts relationships based on the DNA shared between you and your DNA Relatives.
• Ancestry Service customers will get access to 30+ Trait reports in the coming months.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Such an amazing concept and the app update is incredible! They'll send you a kit, all you do is spit in the tube they provide and mail it off. Super easy. I got my results super fast too. Thanks to 23andMe I discovered I have a half sister and surprisingly we get along great and we text occasionally and we follow each other on social media so I get to see her beautiful family and her adorable little children. Because of all the information my results provided I've also been able to adjust my diet to fit my bodies needs better (bonus: so far I've lost 30 lbs. by doing so).
The downfall: the kits are VERY expensive! But it provides a ton of information so it's basically worth it.
I'm currently saving up to buy my mom the health and ancestry kit. She's been struggling with her health so it could really help her and give me a lot of insight about myself as well. My goal is to get everyone in my immediate family on 23andMe, which might take a couple years since the kits are quite expensive but I know my family will thank me later.
Not bad but could improve some functionality
Overall it’s a good app. User friendly for the most part and a beautiful interface. That being said, it could use some improvements. There’s no actual messaging section so if you want to message a relative, you have to go to that persons profile and click message. It would be great if there was a section totally dedicated to messaging where you can access them at the same time. There’s no notification that tells you when you get a new message either. You just get an email which can get a little excessive. Also sometimes when you try to send a message, the messaging function will randomly just close out in the middle of sending a message. Same when you try to put anything in the “how can we improve this feature” section. When you try to enter cities relatives were born in it doesn’t always work. You’ll select a city and it disappears similar to how the messaging function just closes you out. There’s also A LOT OF INFO so sometimes it’s kind of hard to find your way around because some sections are sort of arbitrarily labeled. I sometimes struggle to remember how to get back to things I’m looking for. These things don’t keep me from enjoying it though. It’s just a bit frustrating and I feel they could be easily fixed. When you consider the amount of information you get in this one app, these issues are minor and I hope 23 and me will fix them in the future because it could be great.
It’s about as good as an app could be that hasn’t figured out scrolling on a phone. Yes, when you are answering questions, it doesn’t let you scroll to see all the answers, making all the research they collect inaccurate. The only other thing that needs work is connecting with relatives. Location is a filter that can’t be applied by itself, why? It also takes some wild guesses at close relatives, but it’s still pretty impressive.
The ancestry is really good and the health leaves a lot to be desired.
The single most important thing about the app is that they keep refining and improving! The more information(also money) they get, the more accurate results they get. If you decide to buy it, you can keep coming back to see if they have more accurate results for you. They don’t just take your money(and saliva) and run, they use it to get better! As mentioned earlier, health isn’t worth the money yet at least, but I don’t feel too disappointed because I’m hopeful it will be improved later and if not, the ancestry was worth the money itself. I was also happily surprised by the noteworthy people in history that you share DNA with. It’s a nice little value add that may be unique to 23&me. It’s also has an intuitive layout that’s easy to navigate for the most part.
Keep up the good work!
- 23andMe, Inc.
- 118.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 23andMe, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.