Customize your Mac with 100+ beautiful wallpapers that change to match the time of day.
Learn more at 24hourwallpaper.com.
Monterey & M1 compatible.
24 Hour Wallpaper expands on Dynamic Desktop by offering a complete catalog of wallpapers from around the world that change to match the time of day at your location.
The app includes our advanced ProTime wallpaper engine which supports 4X more images per day than macOS Big Sur Dynamic Desktop and allows you to customize time and location.
The wallpapers in this app are still and only visually move when changing. If you are looking for motion wallpapers that visually move all the time please see our other apps Magic Window.
- One time purchase includes our complete catalog of 24 Hour Wallpapers.
- Includes 105 unique 24 Hour Wallpapers with 28-36 images each.
- 75 wallpapers are filmed at a fixed location (Fixed View - like macOS).
- 30 wallpapers are filmed at multiple locations (Mixed View - like Windows).
- All wallpapers change throughout the day to match the time at your location.
- All wallpapers were filmed and mastered by our team with professional equipment.
- All wallpapers available at 5120x2880 (5K) resolution.
- Wallpapers also available at lower resolutions to save disk space.
- Shuffle wallpapers so you get a new one every hour or every day.
- No in-app purchases. No advertisements.
Includes our advanced ProTime Dynamic Desktop engine:
- Choose between Apple Dynamic Desktop and built-in ProTime engine.
- ProTime engine allows you to customize time any way you wish including changing the length of sunrise and sunset or inverting the day.
- ProTime supports 2X more images per day than the default Mojave Dynamic Desktop and 4X more than Catalina or Big Sur.
- Supports multiple monitors with different wallpapers on all displays for both engines.
- Supports different wallpapers on different spaces when using Apple Dynamic Desktop.
- The app does not need to be running when using Apple Dynamic Desktop once the wallpaper has been generated and set.
- Note that Apple Dynamic Desktop requires a short period of intense CPU/GPU usage to generate the wallpaper. Once generated, no more CPU/GPU is required.
WALLPAPER LOCATIONS INCLUDE...
Nature -- Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina Island, Mojave Preserve, Yosemite National Park, Joshua Tree, High Sierra, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Glacier National Park, White Sands, Lake Taupo, Phuket and more.
Cities -- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Malibu, New York, Seattle, Denver, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Chicago, Miami, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Sydney, Auckland, Honolulu, and more.
75 wallpapers included are from a fixed viewpoint ("Fixed View.") This means you get the exact same view changing to match the time of day. This is most like macOS Dynamic Desktop. To achieve this we set up and manage a professional camera for 24+ hours at the same location.
30 wallpapers are mixes ("Mixed View") where the view changes but the location generally remains the same. To create these we put together several time-lapse sequences and still images to build a narrative wallpaper that feels like spending a day exploring the location. This is most like Microsoft Windows Themes.
Unlike our Magic Window series of apps, the wallpapers in this app are still images set as system wallpaper. There is no visible motion which means no battery drain, no CPU drain, no GPU drain, and no interference with other applications. The wallpaper works with all facets of macOS including Mission Control, Spaces, and Expose.
Internet access is required to download wallpapers.
Downloads can consume up to 12GB of disk space.
This is a premium product that took care and dedication to build. You will not find anything else like it anywhere. The 24 Hour Wallpaper app is designed exclusively for macOS.
If you have any issues with the app or wallpapers please contact us at email@example.com and we are happy to help you resolve them.
- Fixed issue where app would hang when "Next Wallpaper" was selected if shuffle is disabled.
- Fixed rare crash when Title on Desktop was enabled but no custom inset was set.
- 12 new wallpapers including Monterey Hills, White Sands, Canyonlands, and more.
- Title on desktop - enable from the "Display" panel in Preferences.
- Improved shuffle - fixed issues with "Every day" option.
- Menu bar customization - hide the notch by making the menu bar white or black.
- Color effects - choose from one of several color effects to accent the wallpapers.
- Improved wallpaper selection through menu bar - now sorted by playlist.
- If you have any issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you love the update please leave a review! Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Fun - could be improved
The dynamic wallpaper feature of Catalina gives me a lot of pleasure and these folks have done a good job of putting out some interesting projects and good photography. The night shots are strangely overexposed (the Tioga Road night pic looks like Hollywood night). I certainly am looking forward to their produciing more wallpapers - in this COVID time it is really nice to be at my computer, ready to work and be greeted by a crisp morning scene on my computer. I'd recommend this app to anyone who values computer atmospherics.
I do hope they add a few more iconic natural places - would love to see, for example, Maroon Bells, Grand Canyon, Cades Cove, Olympic National Park or Smokey Mountain National Park put into the app.
This app makes me smile
I never write reviews, but this app just makes me happy. I love to travel, and during all the lockdowns of the past couple of years, this app has served as a small proxy for the absence of travel in my life. It's a glimpse into amazing places that I'd love to visit. I love that the photos shuffle and surprise me, and it's really interesting to see the same location at different times of day and night. So many beautiful places on this big blue spaceship we call home. Would love to see more photos added to keep things fresh.
Some folks mentioned photo quality and subpar gear. Meh. I use a 13" MacBook Pro, and they seem fine on that Retina screen. My two external monitors are old Apple LED Cinema Displays: they stlil work great, but they're much lower resolution than Retina, so that probably makes a big difference. Works for me.
Thanks for sharing your artwork and brightening my day(s)!
Software is great. Pictures are... meh.
The title says most of what I want to say, but to elaborate - yes, I think the software is well-implemented, and it's nice to have the option to use the system's dynamic desktop engine (I fail to see how this uses more system resources than the app though).
But the quality of the photos, in terms of what they chose to photograph, how they framed it, and the quality of the equipment they used, results some hit and a lot of miss to me. Put another way, the pictures don't "pop" from the screen like most of the static wallpapers I usually end up using. I have a 5K display, and in most pictures there is very noticeable edge softness (though the center is sharp - i.e. spherical aberration). More than most pictures. This probably wouldn't be as noticeable on a non-retina screen. Anyway, I couldn't find any pictures that worked for me, so I don't use the app. My rating would go up if they had more quality material.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jetson Creative LLC
- 289.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Jetson Creative, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.