LogTera 2nd Grade Math is a unique app combining comprehensive learning with high-quality entertainment and fun for children ages 4 to 8 years. The app has a captivating Safari theme that keeps children engaged and motivated while learning new skills. Children answer math questions to earn coins that they can use to add more animals to the safari and to buy favorite food of their animals. Donna, the dinosaur is the safari guide who helps children navigate through the safari and the math questions. Children can take a break and visit the interactive safari where they can play with the animals. The app contains kid-friendly rich graphics, animations, voices, and intuitive click, drag and drop type question templates that are easy for children to follow without parent or teacher supervision. The app is aligned to common core standards and with over 1500 questions focused on developing core math skills in eleven areas: 1). Number Sense, 2). Addition, 3). Subtraction, 4). Multiplication, 5). Division, 6). Time 7.) Money 8.) Measurement 9.) Geometry 10.) Data and Graphs 11.) Strategic Operations
Hurry, take advantage of the introductory discount pricing for a limited time only.
- FUN SAFARI THEME & AVATARS: Interactive friendly animals in the Safari and customizable Avatars
- MOTIVATING GAMEPLAY: By answering questions, children earn coins that they use to add animals (parrot, kangaroo, tiger, and elephant, etc.) to the Safari and feed them.
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING: The app adjusts difficulty level to match child’s performance and learning requirements. AUTO-SOLVE helps kids get to the right solution for each question.
- REPORTS: Real-time feedback and performance reports are provided for learners, parents, and teachers.
- CORE MATH SKILLS: 2nd Grade math skills based on Common Core State Standards. More than 1500 questions and 100+ skills have been covered.
- GUIDED VOICEOVER: Debbie, the dinosaur guides children through the question-answers. This helps in better understanding of the concepts and improves retention.
- RICH GRAPHICS: The user interface is simple and clean with great animations so that question solving is fun. Large variety of question templates and high quality images to keep children engaged throughout the sessions.
- Developed using LogTera MAPLE platform
Grade 2 app topics focus on four critical areas: (1) developing understanding of addition, subtraction, and strategies for addition and subtraction; (2) developing understanding of whole number relationships and place value, including grouping in ones, tens, twos, fives; (3) developing understanding of analog and digital clocks including reading calendar; and (4) developing understanding of basic multiplication and division concepts.
- Rounding to the nearest ten
- Place value through hundreds
- Counting patterns up to 1000, Roman numbers up to L, etc.
- Add 3 or more 1-digit numbers, Add 3 numbers up to 2-digits
- Balancing addition equations up to 3-digits
- Addition sentences Adding 3 numbers and hundreds, Word problems, etc.
- Multiplication up to table 10
- Multiplication sentences, Multiplication by zero and one
- Inequalities, Multiplication by 100, etc.
- Divisors and quotient up to 10
- Dividing with zero and one, etc.
- Reading clocks – half hours and quarter hours
- Comparing time units
Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
iOS 10 compatibility updates.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.