2V-P is a simple but effective two-channel video mixer. It is designed by Ali M. Demirel for his live performances and engineered by Pascal Lesport.
• Full playback and real-time control over AVFoundation supported movie files (mov, avi, vfw, mpg, mpeg, mp4, m4v) and image files (jpeg, png, tiff, pdf), Quartz Composer compositions, GLSL shaders in the ISF format (www.interactiveshaderformat.com).
• 2 channels mixing structure.
• Up to 8 Quartz Composer compositions or GLSL shaders can be used as effects in each channels and as post compositing effects in the mixer.
• Advanced presets implementation, allowing interpolations between any sets of stored parameters on each channel.
• 64 pages, each with 32 slots available for media files drag & drop operations.
• OSC / MIDI / Key-commands automations over all interface elements.
• Integrates a Syphon (www.http://syphon.v002.info) server to pipe 2V-P output into any 3rd party Syphon-enable applications .
2V-P is an actively maintained project at www.2v-p.tv
Follow us on Facebook @2VP2VP and Twitter @2V-P
• Bug fixes.
• Fixes issues while switching between channel inspector views and effects views.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, clean, but unfinished
The app is simple, clean, and easy to use to play Quartz Compositions *but* it is still pretty young. If the author continues to develop it, it has the potential to be one of my favorite apps.
The rating is 3/5 stars because there were a few issues right out of the box..
Out of the box I wasn’t quite sure what to do. I went to the Help menu and a dialog popped up indicating that “Help isn’t available for 2V-P”. I did later find a very short tutorial that has enough to get started and found a User Guide installed along side the other project files. The video tutorial was easy to understand, but the written documentation was a bit less approachable.
Dragging a qtz file into the Library adds it to the software. Adding the same quartz file on accident added it again and the delete button was greyed out so I was unable to remove it.
Saving an empty project, then exiting and saving again, caused the application to crash.
I was able to get the basics working with a little fiddling and following along with the video. Actually using the software has been very intuitive once you know how. Next up is to sit down with the written documenation and see if I can make sense out of it.
Fun concept, with an ok execution
Vjs and video artists have been using Quartz Composer for creating vissuals since the inception of the former mentioned framework. Bunch of programs support Quartz Compositions as the sources of input. This tool is basically simple two chanel VJ composition environment, that fails short of the current standards for the following reasons.
1. There are only two channels
2. There is no Syphon Output
3. There are no rendering options to speak of
4. The app interface is not optimised for Retina Display
5. To my knowalage there is no way to apply post processing effects to the image
But this app is only $24 while next worthy competitor is Coge and it is over $100
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.