The most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
3rd Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
"This is a helpful app for children going to third grade - they know how to spell, this helps to know the definition. Great app."
"Excellent app! This app for third graders is awesome for teachers and students!"
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 3rd Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
All new design. Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about it! Thanks so much for all your support!
Ratings and Reviews
This is a helpful app for children going to third grade - they know how to spell, this helps to know the definition. It's focused on learning 10 words at a time and my daughter is starting to use the words she is reading here. Thank you!
A great learning tool
I have been looking for something for my child to build her vocabulary and this is it. She is in third grade and this is a great learning tool!
Complete waste of money!
The vocabulary list seems endless. Rather than break down a group of words to study in chunks of 10 or 20, this app gives students a seemingly endless list. If you move on to take the "Final Test" just so you can try out the functions of the app, you find that there is NO way back, except to exit the app. Once you open the app, you are on the SAME SCREEN! So annoyed that I wasted $3 on this piece of junk.
Developer Response ,
This app was actually updated after your review long ago to be broken down into groups of words to study. The newest update has also added sample sentences and a completely updated design. Thanks for trying our app early on!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.