Download the 40/29 News app for free today. Get real-time access to Northwest Arkansas, the River Valley and Eastern Oklahoma local news and weather, national news, sports, traffic, entertainment stories and much more.
With our local news app, you can:
- Be alerted to breaking local news, weather and traffic with push notifications.
- “Nowcast” ALL 40/29 Newscasts via live streaming or recently archived news. .
- Submit breaking news, news tips or email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom and it could be featured on air.
- Comment on local news stories that matter to you and share stories with email or on your social media pages.
- 40/29’s Get Ready Weather provides you the area’s most accurate and dependable weather updates, wherever your located.
- Our interactive radar lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity.
No matter where you are in the River Valley or Northwest Arkansas, you can stay up to date on the latest news and weather information with the 40/29 News app.
Sign up for new alerts to find out when storms are approaching your location or when lightning is nearby.
Plus simple bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Is to worried about national news and doesn’t focus on the local news
and by the time they post anything it is “ancient history”.
They need more local people that actually care about the area rather than someone just worrying about looking good and adding to their resume.
Like the local news, hate the amount of 'fluff' content
I will preface that I understand the fluff lifestyle articles featured on this app (and the website) generates revenue for them. But for me, the format in which they feature these click bait pieces drives me crazy. Regular ads I can tolerate, but the "lifestyle" slide-show articles mixed within the local / proper news feels disorganized and tabloid-y. To be fair, this is not the only news app or website that populates non-news 'sponsored content' articles into it's proper news feed and, as mentioned earlier, I understand it's income and keeps the app free. But it's a format that increasingly 1) doesn't work for me, 2) tests my patience and 3) makes my visits to apps and websites like this very short.
Rarely a problem
Love this app. Only issue I have is, when I get a notification about a news story or weather alert, if I don’t click on the notification immediately, and just open the app to find it myself, I can’t always find it.
- Hearst Television
- 71.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Arkansas Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of KHBS-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.