Screenshots

Description

Download the 40/29 News app for free today. Get real-time access to Northwest Arkansas, the River Valley and Eastern Oklahoma local news and weather, national news, sports, traffic, entertainment stories and much more.

With our local news app, you can:
- Be alerted to breaking local news, weather and traffic with push notifications.
- “Nowcast” ALL 40/29 Newscasts via live streaming or recently archived news. .
- Submit breaking news, news tips or email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom and it could be featured on air.
- Comment on local news stories that matter to you and share stories with email or on your social media pages.
- 40/29’s Get Ready Weather provides you the area’s most accurate and dependable weather updates, wherever your located.
- Our interactive radar lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity.

No matter where you are in the River Valley or Northwest Arkansas, you can stay up to date on the latest news and weather information with the 40/29 News app.

What’s New

Version 5.15.55

Improved iOS 14 support and fixes
New top stories widget for your iOS 14 Home Screen
Other simple bug fixes and performance improvements

Ratings and Reviews

4.1 out of 5
1.2K Ratings

1.2K Ratings

DLBX2 ,

Local News

I like seeing the local and national news on this app. I do have one thing that really bothers me though. I can be reading an article and it will just drop the end of the story. It happens ALL the time. That is frustrating. I’m glad I can stay up with what is going on in our area even though I may not see the end of the article.

JustHolHere ,

Like the local news, hate the amount of 'fluff' content

I will preface that I understand the fluff lifestyle articles featured on this app (and the website) generates revenue for them. But for me, the format in which they feature these click bait pieces drives me crazy. Regular ads I can tolerate, but the "lifestyle" slide-show articles mixed within the local / proper news feels disorganized and tabloid-y. To be fair, this is not the only news app or website that populates non-news 'sponsored content' articles into it's proper news feed and, as mentioned earlier, I understand it's income and keeps the app free. But it's a format that increasingly 1) doesn't work for me, 2) tests my patience and 3) makes my visits to apps and websites like this very short.

mazingwoman ,

Incomplete articles/sentences

For some unknown and annoying reasons, a sentence will stop midway especially if there is an advertisement you have to scroll past. Many times the whole final section(s) of the article will be cut off. It makes trying to read any news on this app frustrating. I no longer try 90% of the time and just read the headlines. The other 10% of the time, I try in hopes that they have finally read their own articles on the app and figured out this is an issue. But since I am writing this today - nope!

Information

Seller
Hearst Television
Size
98.7 MB
Category
News
Compatibility

Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Languages

English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese

Age Rating
4+
Location
This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
Copyright
Price
Free

Supports

  • Family Sharing

    With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.

More By This Developer

You May Also Like