4D Toys 4+
Mindbending 4D physics objects
mtb design works. Inc.
"I am not sure that I've ever seen a more compelling 'show-don't-tell' educational tool than 4D Toys." –Ars Technica
What if you received a box filled with mysterious toys from a fourth spatial dimension?
• Playfully explore and marvel at beautiful shapes powered by a groundbreaking 4D+time physics system.
• Poke, throw, roll and watch as they disappear into a dimension you can't see.
• Get an intuitive feel for how four-dimensional objects behave:
• Become a child of the fourth dimension.
In this case the 4D is not time but a 4th dimension of space that works just like the first three dimensions we are familiar with. If you count time these toys are 5D. It turns out that the rules of how objects bounce, slide and roll around can be generalized to higher dimensions, and this unique toy lets you experience what that would look like.
• Over 130 beautiful interactive scenes to play with, with more to be added in updates.
• Groundbreaking 4D+Time Physics Engine that uses new mathematics created for this project.
• Multi-touch & Accelerometer support for rich interactivity.
• 2D/3D "Flatland" Interactive 10 Page Book/Explanation that teaches by analogy about a fourth spatial dimension.
• Special buttons: Anti-Gravity, Wireframe Projection, 4D Accelerometer and ability to export meshes for 3D printing.
Some things to do:
• Manage to fit the hypercube into the hyperhole!
• Use the 4D shapes as fancy, perfectly symmetric, fair dice that have 5, 8, 16, 24, or even 120 and 600 sides!
• Unbind Rings using the fourth dimension!
• Make a stack of 4D hypercubes and smash it!
• Set up an interesting path for a few 4D dominoes!
• Make levers that throw hypercubes into the fourth dimension!
• Use multitouch to "squeeze" out objects into the fourth dimension!
• Play in a 4D ball pit!
• See Tesseracts (i.e. 4D hypercubes) slide down slopes!
Full Blog Post with Videos: https://4dtoys.com/mega/
1. Rotating your 3D slice arbitrarily in 4D
2. Projection of the 2D Faces of the 4D objects
3. Colored Projection of the 1D Lines of the 4D objects
4. A lot of structures made to play with “marbles” and roll them around
5. Scenes with Tesseracts that are fixed at a point but with a torque that keeps them rotating
6. The 1D line version of the 2D “Davinci” 4D Objects
7. A static Klein bottle with a sphere that you can roll inside
8. A 120 cell (faces) and a sphere together
9. Auto-Follow the last touched shape
(+ Quick performance fix for older devices)
Ratings and Reviews
A new feature I would really like to see is to add some 5D shapes to play around with. You could add another slider on the left side of the screen (or maybe the top) to slide along 4D slices of the 5D world. That would be really fun.
This app is my favourite 4D app on the App Store. There are so many unique shapes and toys to play with, it can entertain you for hours! One of my personal favourites is trying to fit the tessaract into a (hyper?)hole. That took me a long time, and really gave me a better intuition about 4D.
One of the best conceptual games (if I can call it that. This is real theoretical mathematics here) on the iPhone right now. Something fun for the kids. But I play it more trying to understand and conceptualize and defragmenter and reconfigure years of institutional learning. It’s a quite whisper from a person telling the truth ima room full of loud, ignoramuses. I can’t wait for meigekure. Just form the concept it’s like u have to make a million games in 1. A million landscapes and 3D space synchronization that I can’t conceive of right now. Phenomenal.
Best Game Ever but VR would be awsome
This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! There is so much to do in this! One suggestion though, which would be so cool is if there were a VR version. Maybe you could have a whole different app where you can buy little shapes that could sense movents so you could feel the shape and you could connect them through the app and then use it once you had it. Now that would be the coolest thing I would ever see!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- mtb design works, Inc.
- 255.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © MTB Design Works, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.