4th Wall is a free, augmented reality (AR) public art platform exploring inclusive creative expression.
“Coordinates” hosts an ongoing series of curated, collaborative, site specific, public AR art exhibitions. Users are invited to be physically present at specific locations to experience AR artworks in situ. When users select the Coordinates feature, based on their location, they will be directed toward artworks – translated into AR-- created by artists that activate the historically, politically or culturally significant sites they have chosen. “Coordinates” aims to inspire thoughtful dialogue and expand our understanding of public art.
By pressing the AR Artworks button, users can view, explore and place Nancy Baker Cahill’s dimensional drawings in the environment of their choice. Drawings can be rotated, scaled, placed and recorded by user.
- A more streamlined experience for the user, with the removal of the hologram, studio experience and Desert X exhibition buttons and an expansion of the curated and site-specific “Coordinates” AR public art exhibitions platform.
- Artworks may include sound so make sure to check for the new orange sound button at the top of the menu when observing an artwork on site.
- The “Refresh” button updates the nearest artwork depending on the user’s location.
- The “About” button directs users to the home page for 4thwallapp.org. Users can re-enter the app by tapping the text, “4th Wall” at the upper left hand corner of their screens.
4th Wall App is available on iPhone 6s iOS11 or above.
Founding artist and Creative Director: Nancy Baker Cahill
App Developer: Drive Studios
Ratings and Reviews
This app turns the accepted paradigms of fine and public art upside-down and backwards. The agency lies with the user. You choose how and where to experience this artwork. Refreshing, innovative, and fun. I highly recommend it!
Cool Concept if the App Stopped Crashing
So the app had a 5 star review, but only 22 reviewers, a little skeptical but I downloaded it anyway.. Ok, so maybe 2 stars is a little harsh considering the idea of it is actually pretty cool and different (no SnapChat filters here)... But, the app crashed within a few seconds of me applying any of the filters which was really frustrating. Hopefully that is fixed soon, and if so I will definitely be updating my review.
Amazing must buy
This is undoubtedly one of the greatest Augmented Reality apps of all time. The work is inspiring, the programming is flawless, and the hologram is straight out of Star Wars. Highly recommend.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nancy Baker Cahill Studio, Inc.
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating