The largest collection of live police, firefighter, aircraft, railroad, emergency, news, and ham radios. Be the first to know about weather, news, and crime updates.
Thanks for making us one of top 100 most downloaded iOS app since 2009. 5-0 Radio has been downloaded over 25 million times!
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Pause the feeds via the media controls on your device.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to add custom feeds
- Chat with other users
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you. They can listen in with any device that has a web browser.
- Worldwide coverage. Listen to feeds from the United States, Canada, Australia and more. Our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
*Note: Our paid app called 5-0 Radio Pro adds even more feeds - Search for "5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner" on iTunes to find it.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only a few seconds depending on buffering and internet speeds.
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great free apps from us
- New feeds added
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Love This App
I've been using this app for years. Ever since my iPod gen 2 was new. It has the ability to access emergency services radio from all over the world. But for me, I primarily use it to find out what's going on in my home town. When the fire whistle goes off it's nice to be able to listen in and find out what's going on and where. It can help to alleviate some anxiety for people like me, who can be a bit paranoid about their loved ones safety. It's pretty impressive, it even has my small towns emergency services radio on there and it's just a small town with a population of around 2000. There's no draw back to having this app. It doesn't take up much storage space on your data drive and even the free versions adverts are barely noticeable. Check it out, there's no reason not to really.
One of the best apps in the store
I've used this app for several years and gladly paid for the upgrade. I'm in public safety, and this app is my backup to my portable and pager.
Here are a few notes on getting the most out of the app...
The audio is a data stream (like listening to an Internet radio station). Therefore, it uses both battery/adapter power. Unless you have either unlimited data or a wifi connection, you might go over your limit. Also, it's a good idea to use a power adapter and not batteries.
The audio typically comes from local scanners connected to the Internet. Therefore the quality may vary. Also, there may be a lag from the time a station transmits, until you actually hear it.
All in all, it's a great app and highly recommended.
Not an old-school scanner where one could adjust the frequency with a dial, and you’ll obviously choose only the from frequencies offered. Aside from that, I do use it often. Once I look for the area I’m, I’ll see what’s available. Often I can hear whatever ambulance or police car just went by and the sirens in the background as they rush to the scene. State police do not transmit here as far as I’ve seen.
It comes in real time, and I’ve made sure my family had it on their devices.
I don’t review often, and usually only when the situation prompts me to give a horrible review. You can take that for what it’s worth. Get the app.
- Smartest Apps LLC
- 37.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Smartest Apps LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.