5-0 Radio Police Scanner 9+
Live fire, air & police radio
Smartest Apps LLC
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Be the first to know about shootings, riots, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, looting, protests, earthquakes, bombing, terrorism, pandemics, fire and crime happening nearby
The largest collection of live police, firefighter, aircraft, railroad, emergency, news, and ham radios. Be the first to know about weather, news, and crime updates.
Thanks for making 5-0 Radio the most downloaded police scanner app on the market. This app is one of top 100 most downloaded iOS apps since 2009 with tens of millions of users.
- New “Feeds with Active Alerts” feature that shows you feeds with interesting on-going activity and breaking news happening right now along with a description of the alert, breaking info, location, and feed.
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Pause the feeds via the media controls on your device.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to add custom feeds
- Chat with other users
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you. They can listen in with any device that has a web browser.
- Worldwide coverage. Listen to feeds from the United States, Canada, Australia and more. Our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
Upgrade to 5-0 Radio Pro to remove ads, add even more feeds, and new features.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only a few seconds depending on buffering and internet speeds.
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great free apps from us
Adding new feeds every day
Ratings and Reviews
The best scanner app I have found.
I have used this scanner app for years now. A few times I tried out other apps that did not come close to this one. I check out what is happening locally most of the time. I hear sirens in the town I live in, turn on the scanner app and quickly I am able to hear what is happening. It also has a list of what the codes stand for that I really appreciate. To be honest sometimes I listen to the scanner and I hear of car accidents and emergencies and get my mind wondering if it involves someone I know. I feel I need to contact my kids to make sure they are safe. They are adults. When that happens it is time to stop listening because I am getting a little too overboard. I also enjoy listening to the scanner in large cities. It is quite entertaining to me. There are only a few adds that really are not a bother. Years of using this app has not cost anything. It is one of the best apps I have on my phone. My only complaint is the channel for the county I live in at times has a lot of talking from a different county in my state and is a bit confusing and sometimes annoying. But I don’t know if that has anything to do with this app. It probably does not but I am not knowledgeable about how it works. I thank the administrators of this app for the free service I use quite frequently. Great job!
Love This App
I've been using this app for years. Ever since my iPod gen 2 was new. It has the ability to access emergency services radio from all over the world. But for me, I primarily use it to find out what's going on in my home town. When the fire whistle goes off it's nice to be able to listen in and find out what's going on and where. It can help to alleviate some anxiety for people like me, who can be a bit paranoid about their loved ones safety. It's pretty impressive, it even has my small towns emergency services radio on there and it's just a small town with a population of around 2000. There's no draw back to having this app. It doesn't take up much storage space on your data drive and even the free versions adverts are barely noticeable. Check it out, there's no reason not to really.
Full page ads are the worst
I love that this app can access publicly available scanner feeds, in areas around the world that are completely out of radio range from my old fashioned RF scanner hardware. Having been a shortwave, aviation, train, and emergency services listener for over 50 years, I’ve toned down my listening to just a few minutes on rare occasions, and with over 500 apps, I stick with the free versions when I can. Apple has a perfectly acceptable ad-banner methodology that works well, to make us aware of the ad, and give us a way to learn more, if we’re interested, and earn the software developer a little (sometimes a lot of) money for their effort. I find the full-page ads to be a reprehensible way to put these ads, usually for things we’re not interested in, in our face, and block access to the app controls. Disgusting. It’s even worse, when the advertisements contain links to dangerous places.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Smartest Apps LLC
- 35.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Smartest Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner $4.99