Be the first to know about pandemics, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, shootings, riots, looting, protests, earthquakes, bombings, terrorist and crime waves happening near you.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 50,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, emt, air traffic control (ATC), railroad, ham radio, NOAA weather, news, talk, sports, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Adds More Feeds
- Removes Ads
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Access to cool new backgrounds
- Even more Airport feeds
- Even more Railroad feeds
- Even more NOAA weather feeds
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on NPR, CNN, New York Times, 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine, and various other news organizations.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to radio chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the stations you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- New “Feeds with Active Alerts” feature that shows you feeds with interesting on-going activity happening right now along with a description of the alert and feed.
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in many parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection of feeds you will ever find in the App Store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through radio feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-current-listeners feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- The catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request? Go to https://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
Fixed non-scanner radio feeds. Dark Mode is now available. App is now better at restarting the feed when disconnected. The audio will restart if you're on the player screen (the one with the play button) when disconnected. It will still work even if the app is placed in the background. If you're on another screen, such as a menu, the audio will not restart if you're disconnected for a long period of time. This should fix the issue where the feeds disconnect after a few minutes when on the cellular network.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Use this App constantly
I use this thing an awful lot both to hear law enforcement in my area as well as to record bits of Classic Christian Rock Radio. But lately I contacted the DJ at this California station, Mr Bill as he calls himself, and he politely told me they had changed their URL. This App no longer recognizes Classic Christian Rock Radio. Furthermore, this App has not updated their list concerning CCRR and is not actively seeking it or they would indeed have found it again because it is on the air in Tune in Radio Pro. This is disappointing to me because having the ability to record some music to listen to when I’m out of cell tower range and fm stations is such a tremendous blessing in my life. But as it stands now, this opportunity is gone. I drive a Kenworth for a living, tanker rig. Having the police scanner capability has saved me huge down time, because sometimes I catch when a road is closed due to avalanche or accidents. It’s very informative and adds to safety when working for a living out here on the highways of Washington state. Thank you, David
One of my most favorite apps!
It's exciting to listen to all the action and a little scary and sad to know what's happening so close to home. BUT!!!... I would have to say, the best thing about this app is the added respect and love for law enforcement it has given me. What they go through each and every day is astonishing. Firstly, the patience that these guys have far exceeds anything you'll ever hear about in social media... The daily dangerous situations they are placed in (in order to protect us) makes me want to go up and hug every single one of them and personally thank them. These are some true heroes! Side note: I do sometimes hear of some really awful, hideous, almost unbearable situations these guys are called to respond to... If you are really sensitive to these scenarios then this might not be the app for you. I have shut it down a few times when I can feel myself losing hope in humanity. I guess as with most things, balance is the key.
Been using this app for a couple months now. I can listen to the police activity in all major cities and even a lot of the smaller ones. Very well put together. I tried watching the news while a mass shooting was occurring and just couldn’t stand hearing the blood hungry media babbling away. Funny thing is that FB could get it better than them. Anyways I flip on the scanner to that city and bam, I am getting live updates straight from the police. The media? A joke. This? Straight talk from law enforcement themselves. 20 years ago I was listening to a local scanner, now I can listen to the exact Police Department that is investigating a burglary at one of the jobs sites my employer protects with visual monitoring. I can check the scanner 20, 40, 100 miles away.
Pay the few bucks and get the pro.
- Smartest Apps LLC
- 37.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Smartest Apps, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.