Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). Designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks and it is now available FREE!
Spend just 25 to 70 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be 10K-ready!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The 5K to 10K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, 5K to 10K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
Get more information about the 5K to 10K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/5k-to-10k-app
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
• Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
• Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
• Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Resolved bugs on the Settings page, Post list, and Post details page.
• Fixed the missing navigation bar issue on the Log page.
Ratings and Reviews
Good training app with some small hiccups
This app has been great for training. The only things I don’t like are that if you’re playing music through another app, the coach doesn’t signal out loud. I still get the notifications on my watch so it’s okay but I wish I could hear my pace and stats and such during the run too. Also I don’t like that it’s strictly minute based instead of distance based. It’s assuming I’m running a 10min mile so it ends at 60min for 6 miles. I’m a little slower than that so I won’t be at 6 miles by the end of this training. But it’s free and it’s training and I’m improving so overall it’s a good app and I’m happy with it.
This app does not work at all. The couch to 5k app works amazingly and this wasn’t next step. This version is still completely outdated, the GPS works but in the log your pace averages don’t actually match up. It keeps telling me my average running pace is something like 3.5 minute or 5.5 minutes which is impossible for me especially considering it’s giving me the correct distance over the run. I also know for a fact that I average a 10 minute mile. I have emailed support several times and they keep giving me the run around like asking me to run in a more open space. I run exactly where I ran every day using couch to 5k with zero problems. They need to just stop avoiding it and update this app. I’m very much a person that’s motivated by forward progress and this app not working has definitely slowed down my progress. I will likely switch to a different app for my 5k to 10K training after I back peddle trying to get my 5k time back up after having so many glitchy disappointing runs with this app, my progress has digressed. Really disappointed and even more annoyed that customer service is putting the problem on me.
Too finicky to be useful
The app requires you to have your phone with the ringer on, screen permanently unlocked and only works with Apple Music. My phone has been on silent since 2012, and if I run with my screen unlocked, I’m begging for issues (workout paused, skips ahead, skips back, etc). I don’t care about not being able to use other music apps as I use Apple Music but I care very much about having to use it within the app which means I can only listen to my playlists and in the order I put them together, not shuffled. The workouts are good and offer a great variety, but if I have to follow all these rules to get to them (and then they might be skipped around) what’s the point? I’m not bothering with contacting support.
I just use Garmin Connect to build workouts lifted directly from the app. At least then I know I won’t have any issues.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Active Network, LLC
- 97.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Active Network, LLC