Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). Designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks and it is now available FREE!
Spend just 25 to 70 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be 10K-ready!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The 5K to 10K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, 5K to 10K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
Get more information about the 5K to 10K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/5k-to-10k-app
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
• Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
• Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
• Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• App users can no longer view or edit their account profile in the app, but can open their Active.com website account profile page from the app to view and edit.
• App users can now delete their account.
Ratings and Reviews
Good training app with some small hiccups
This app has been great for training. The only things I don’t like are that if you’re playing music through another app, the coach doesn’t signal out loud. I still get the notifications on my watch so it’s okay but I wish I could hear my pace and stats and such during the run too. Also I don’t like that it’s strictly minute based instead of distance based. It’s assuming I’m running a 10min mile so it ends at 60min for 6 miles. I’m a little slower than that so I won’t be at 6 miles by the end of this training. But it’s free and it’s training and I’m improving so overall it’s a good app and I’m happy with it.
This app does not work at all. The couch to 5k app works amazingly and this wasn’t next step. This version is still completely outdated, the GPS works but in the log your pace averages don’t actually match up. It keeps telling me my average running pace is something like 3.5 minute or 5.5 minutes which is impossible for me especially considering it’s giving me the correct distance over the run. I also know for a fact that I average a 10 minute mile. I have emailed support several times and they keep giving me the run around like asking me to run in a more open space. I run exactly where I ran every day using couch to 5k with zero problems. They need to just stop avoiding it and update this app. I’m very much a person that’s motivated by forward progress and this app not working has definitely slowed down my progress. I will likely switch to a different app for my 5k to 10K training after I back peddle trying to get my 5k time back up after having so many glitchy disappointing runs with this app, my progress has digressed. Really disappointed and even more annoyed that customer service is putting the problem on me.
Please fix the bugs!
I L-O-V-E-D the couch25K app. Completed it & enjoyed getting healthier. I’m absolutely BAFFLED as to why this follow-up app is so dysfunctional. It constantly notifies me to turn on “background app refresh” in settings when the background app refresh is already on and my phone is fully charged. The whole point is to have a little coach in your ear when you’re running, but it doesn’t give audio cues unless you have the phone open in your hand, and the music doesn’t play properly. I’m guessing the dysfunction is related to the background app refresh” bug, but I’m not a programmer so what do I know? I also really liked the variety of coaches (Zombies & Unicorns!) on the C25K app & would like to see that added as well. I just know I want this app to work as great as C25K did. Dear Active, Please, Please, fix it!!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Active Network, LLC
- 138.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Active Network, LLC