5miles opened a new channel called 5miles Dash. It is a new auction feature that allows you to bid on brand new items.
- Auctions last 90 seconds and bids start at $1.
- Only pay when you win.
- Items are shipped directly to your door.
- If user is unsatisfied with a product, we offer buyer protection so you can request a refund.
- Claim up $5 in credits towards your first purchase.
5miles is the highest rated local marketplace app, helping you buy and sell stuff in your area. 5miles is free, easy, and safe and has facilitated more than $1 BILLION in local sales, helping 10 million happy users put money back in their pockets and find great products at great rates.
“5miles is the first to integrate local services into an app of this kind” - CNBC
“The 5miles app is a great way to sell old items AND to buy new things at a fraction of the cost they would be retail.” - Alicia Reneeg, BuzzFeed
“It’s better than Craigslist and it’s better than OfferUp with its attention to informative detail.” Catherine, 5miles buyer
With 5miles you can also discover great classifieds in your area, find a place to live, hire local services, or get a new job - all from the comfort of your phone.
It’s FREE to list items for sale and FREE to discover local goods and services, all within 5 miles.
• Snap a photo and offer up your items in seconds
• Use GPS and zip code to find thousands of listings nearby
• Make an offer by sending an in app chat message
• Free to boost your post to send it to the top of the feed
• Easy registration via Facebook or email
• Share your listings via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and Email
• Email, phone, and Facebook verifications
• Rate and read reviews of buyers and sellers
• Use our Safe Area Exchange Locator (SEAL) feature to find a secure meetup spot
• 5miles team constantly monitors listings and chats to keep fraud away
• 5miles doesn't share your information with anyone
• Don't want to meetup? Choose shipping for your exchange method
• Discover great stuff near and far by browsing photos
• Search and filter to find relevant listing
• Like items and follow sellers
• Make offers and get the best deals
• Chat to share more details, photos, and meeting spots
• Share listings to Facebook and Twitter to sell faster
Shop, make offers, and list items and services for free. It's like your own online garage sale without the hassle.
Find home cleaning, home repair, or home improvement professionals. Get help with chores or errands. Find a mover you can trust.
Looking for housing or a roommate? Find apartments, houses, and condos for rent or sale. Find a roommate to share your dream loft. Landlords, list your real estate in a snap!
Looking for work? Find jobs near you! Full-time, part-time, freelance jobs, or short gigs.
FREE for everyone.
Download now and discover great listings from the 5miles community. Are you ready to go shopping?
Want to find out more about us?
- Earn Cash? Now you can redeem $20 Amazon Gift Card by earning the 5miles Coins when you daily use 5miles app.
- Looking for a car? Now you can calculate your monthly payment before you reach out to our online dealerships. “Auto Loan Calculator” is a one-step function that directs users to the financial application page.
- Auto Dealerships? Now you can edit your dealership information (Website, Business Hours, Phone Number, Call for Details and Auto Loan Calculator) on your Profile.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
OFFER UP IS A BETTER APP
I’ve had this app since 2016 and it USED to be a great app but for some reason lately I can’t post a single item without getting a notification almost immediately from 5miles saying my post was taken down because “it’s a duplicate post”. Before 5miles even responds with some MEANINGLESS APOLOGY or a STUPID SUGGESTION of theirs my post was NOT a duplicate post. All my items are different and I take time to take pictures and post them. People (that act like children) selling the same thing I do flag my posts because I sell my stuff cheaper and 5miles doesn’t even bother looking at it before removing it. It’s frustrating and I don’t need a USELESS LINK from the “5miles developer” to some email y'all will never reply to. If you’re going to delete my “duplicate post” delete everyone else selling the same thing I do without picking and choosing just mine it’s frustrating. I haven’t used the app for about 6 months for this same reason and don’t plan on using it any longer. I’ve had the same issues with OFFER UP because there’s childish people there too but when I email them they resolve the issue quickly and ban those accounts flagging competitors but when I tried to dispute the issue with 5miles they simply went ahead and removed most of my posts and said they were all “duplicate”. I WOULDN'T WASTE ANY TIME DOWNLOADING THIS APP WHEN OFFER UP IS A WAY BETTER OPTION THEIR TEAM ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION TO YOUR ISSUES.
Developer Response ,
Apologies for any difficulties you experienced with it.
Could you please contact us at email@example.com, we really want to help you out on it.
I have had the app for a few years now and started running into an issue with posting. I wasn’t able to get past a certain point and kept giving me an error to where i couldn’t post any new items or even edit current posted items. I got so frustrated that i emailed their tech support to get the issue resolved. I emailed back and forth with now going on 4 people. At first they kept saying restart your phone and try reconnecting your internet and so forth which i thought was weird seeing as though my issue had nothing to do with any of those solutions. I then got an email from another department saying the reason for by denied purchase was due to not having enough “friends”. That’s when i knew they weren’t going to resolve the issue. Why is it so hard to fix a cliche on the app. I haven’t had this issue before so I’m not sure why it started now. It has made the app impossible to use which is very disappointing. I’ll be using other apps for my selling needs and keep this in mind when reaching out to a company like this. My issue is still currently unresolved.
I can’t 100% prove it but I get messages from people who have not been active in multiple days or weeks. I think the app is looking at products that are not selling well and it sends automated messages from inactive accounts. The messages are asking questions like “ Do you have more pictures?” I always have at least 5+ pictures in my listings. When I ask what other pictures they want there is never a response. They ask “Can you give me more information?” I over explain each of my products to make sure that there is no confusion later in the process. But again when I ask what other information they are looking for, no response. I get the question are they being sold as a group or individually and in the listing it says “I am pricing/selling them individually.” Shocker no response from them either. I have yet to sell anything on here because the couple times I have had real interest the people don’t show up or they are expecting me to deliver a $15 product 30 miles from my house for free. Use a different app this one doesn’t seem to have an ethical setup!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's always some disappointed for not getting a response from people who you thought to be a potential buyer. In this case, we would advise you to check if those messages were from the same people, if you feel being harassed, you can make a report by going the user's profile page, tap the three white dots on the right top corner and tap report. Our team would process it as soon as possible. Also if you need other assistance, please don't hesitate to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd love to help. Again thanks for sharing the information. :)
- The Third Stone Holdings Limited
- 145 MB
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © The Third Stone Holding Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.